Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
"Oldfart from Wayback"
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sheep Lake Trail/ Snowy Range, WY. Anyone ridden it?

This "look's like" a great trail judging from topo's and NASA WorldWind 1M Ortho photo's. Has anyone tried it in either direction, Brooklyn Lk/ Sand Lk or vice versa ??

·
"Oldfart from Wayback"
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And great it was !!!

I just rode it a week ago. Here's the edited version.

The final terminus of the Font Range is just across the border, in the Snowy Range of WY. A single track trail runs for miles of tundra riding at ~11,000' but no reports of anyone riding it. Sounds like time for a recon !!

Parking lot at the TH

Got to the TH at 8:30 and I quickly rode up the trail for ~1mi and found a perfect trail, but no tire tracks other than mine. I was a little concerned about the lack of any sign of MTB use, but I rode back to the truck, grabbed my gear, told my wife I was going for it and took off.

I'll let the photo's speak for themselves

Remember, these meadows are at 11,000' . No "shoulder high" flowers here, but there are plenty if you look close enough.

The ride flowed for mi. and mi over a trail that you could barely see most of the time

Eventually, after 7mi., it was time to turn around, ride back, meet the wife and go on a fun ride together on a dbl track to the S for another 5mi out/back. (Libby Flats /Nelson Park)

·
Tracking up the place
627 Posts
I have ridden the North fork trail which is just off the Brooklyn lake road, just past the chapel...There is another trail if you go up the highway, that is really great too...Main problem with riding up there for most folks, is getting up there, for ride time, and lack should I say, summer on top...I have hiked that trail to get to fishing holes... But boy is it beautiful...Nice Pics:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.