Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:skep:

The photos below were taken this morning, and are of a 2nd trail at the bamboo bike. With my difficlutys in finding work here in the heartland, I was feeling low... so to lift things up, and cure my lack of a low cost transport, a stretched lowrider is born!
A local family friend has about 2 acers of Giant Japanise Construction grade bamboo. His prices are extreamly reasonable, and coupled with sustanible harvesting at a time when the bamboo was green; Ive ended up with about four 8 hour days, in build time. No power tools were used in completion, other than 30 min. with a heliarch welder, for which I have to give high thanks to my neighbor as his skills were cruical in completion of the bottom brackets. LET THE WELDERS WELD!!!
Upon the maiden voage, (in an all out downpour yesterday at 4 pm) I felt no frets! Its ride was smooth, and treading on cobblestone roads, potholes, and curbs; I was amazed at the saturation of the bamboo in thirst for all the high frequencys of the path. The only sounds wispered were of the cheapy front brake, as all the rain made stopping a'bit ruff. Plus, I saved on the water bill and smelled spring fresh. :)

Leme know what ya'll feel.

-Word Up-

Joseph M. Krienert

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its more a par with a stand up bike. Closer to that of a BMX frame measure I suppose. Its serious though. No joke. Im just learning... as it being my second build I look forward to the next ones where I will interplay more of the recently learned reasonings on measure and match to rider. Lata

joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts