Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just checkin' if anyone has the inside poop on rides in the Shaver Lake region. Spending a week at Shaver and am going to try to do 100 mtb miles in 4 or 5 rides.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, here's a few suggestions....

Piney,

You can do the infamous "In Search of Elvis" ride. Which is a loop around Shaver Lake. Another nice ride is to the top of Bald Mountain, which provides some beautiful views of Shaver and the surrounding area. While there, you should ride the Tour de Granite (Markwood meadow) loop, which is one of the annual races in the area. Check out www.tri-sport.com for some info, it's one of the LBS's in Fresno.

Are you riding strictly mtb? If you have a road bike you will find lot's of riding out Dinkey Creek road, or do the "Climb to Kaiser" route from Shaver to the top of Kaiser pass and back.

What dates will you be in Shaver? I've really gotten back into road riding (oh, the shame!) and my mtb is collecting dust. Perhaps myself or a friend could meet up with ya. Though the local mtb club (Central California Off-Road Cyclist) is concentrating on installing a bridge on Big Sandy Creek. Most of my weekend's have been spent helping with the construction of the abutments (sp?) for the bridge supports.

Enjoy,
Daniel
dmtbrider at hotmail dot com

·
Registered
371 Posts
Shaver lake? Wow, haven't heard that in a while. My friends are from up there. Went there for their wedding a few years back.

For this Bay Area person, that's way in the boonies. Nice scenery though. Didn't get to ride back then, too drunk...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts