Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got some warmer weather dirt time on the SS now that the better draining places have firmed up a bit. 5.5 miles with 600' of climbing in the morning, followed by a brutal 15 miles with 2200' of climbing in the afternoon. Take THAT you wimpy legs!!!! Now stop your *****in' and get me the rest of the way up these stairs!

How many miles have you ridden for 2014? Today finally broke 100 miles off road for me. Lame! I blame it on the weather and lack of a fat bike. Bah, who am I kidding, a fat bike wouldn't get me out in single digit weather either.

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
I have 163 miles, 18k feet of climbing on the year so far. Mostly just been lazy, and sometimes limited by the weather. I would usually spend most of my time on the road bike during spring/winter, but my frame broke last fall and I've been looking for an affordable, suitable replacement in the meantime.

I've only done maybe 30 miles or so total on my singlespeed though. I've been using my geared bike almost exclusively so that I can better replicate my road bike and get into road racing shape more easily once I do get a bike, because it's road season right now. I enjoy riding my singlespeed, but especially during race season, it screws up my cadence too much to be much benefit.

·
Registered
524 Posts
1113 miles and a little more than 48k ft. Some commuting and a lot of fatbiking. Not much SS though yet. Not much road riding at all either!

·
Registered
75 Posts
630 miles 74k ft vertical all on dirt 90% Single Speed so far this year according to Strava. But then again I am in Brisbane where it is always MTB weather ;-)

·
Registered
345 Posts
215 miles, just under 28k of elevation YTD on the SS. The weather was absolute crap with lots of snow and closed trails due to mud through January and February though so 3/4 of that has been in the last month.

·
1*14*29*2.1 & 1*1*29*2.4
1,283 Posts
555km and 14500m for me....nearly broke my foot on a log and a little sick so not as much time on the bike as I'd like. That is 344miles and 47500feet I think. Hey Sattvic you in brissy too...explains similar grade numbers. 90%SS dirt for me too. I probably know you ha ha .

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey Sattvic you in brissy too...explains similar grade numbers. 90%SS dirt for me too. I probably know you ha ha .
Maybe ;-) I go by the name Vegan Viking or Lasse (sports funny viking accent) - don't think I know you, but would like to.

We should go smash some trails. I pretty much ride all the time with a dedicated fit group of riders. Shoot me a message any time if you are keen.

Do Jinkers every Tue and Thu start 6am from Nutcracker Plot for about 1.5 hrs at fast pace (no stopping and not much chatting, just smashing ;-) . Saturday and Sunday usually go bayview, parklands, daisy, cornubia, tbah, joyce - a bit more chatting and socializing on weekends etc.

Happy to meet another local ;-)

·
1*14*29*2.1 & 1*1*29*2.4
1,283 Posts
Sounds good Sattvic. I may need to work to keep up but would be fun. 1.5 hrs is good for me...PM sent

·
Registered
538 Posts
WOW. Respect to you guys with the massive elevation gains! I'm new to SS this year (bought the end of feb) but 161 km with 1166m of height (100miles/3825ft).

Certainly no mountains here in flat Norfolk UK though. The highest point in my part in the county is only 330ft above sea level and that's 40 miles from me.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,596 Posts
I live in So. Cal. and we didn't have winter this year....but I am currently @ 1670 miles and 235k' of climbing. 95% on the SS and 100% on the mountain bike.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,596 Posts
Hey J this is Dan Hight . I used to ride with Tim ,Sherry and the Switchback crew.Its been 10 years. Good job!

Thought that was you.

Has been a long time.

Vision Quest this weekend.....been putting the miles in.

Hope all is well.

J

·
Hoolie Ghoulie on Strava.
3,205 Posts
I am probably about 45 rides, average of 1.5 hours and 1500 to 2000 feet each ride. Sorry, no computer. NorCal has sweet weather!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts