Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Friday the 13th of October in 2006 I shattered my right hands pinky bone at the base of the finger. I was helping a roommate do some yard work and was swinging a railroad tie, the big wooden blocks (couple hundred pounds), and swung it against a pile of them with nothing but my pinky in the middle of them. It was crushed into four seperate pieces. I had surgery, they put in a plate with six screws. You might be thinking, it's just a pinky, and you're right, but it meant my whole hand was in a cast for 8 weeks including the wrist. It's supposed to have healed by now but it's barely bridged and now the surgeon wants to do a bone graf by taking some bone from my pelvic or wrist. I guess I just writing to let you know, sh*t can happen when you don't expect it to. It's impacted my riding by making it impossible, unless I learn to do the no-hands-look-at-what-I-can-do on single track. Like I said, it's just a rant.

·
Formerly NattyBoh74...
556 Posts
sucks man, i would just get that graff and be done with it ya kno? they also have a bone growth stimulator that could be an option... i heard bone graffs are painful, why? im not too sure but ive heard.

·
Registered
25 Posts
feel ya

I feel ya… I tore my labrum in my left shoulder 4 months ago had surgery…it to was supposed to have healed…went in for another MRI with dye. The Doctor found a bone chip pointing down into my joint nerve…have to have the end of my clavicle cut off and the bone shaved down…Riding has been a pain ever since but I can't not ride…I feel your pain. :incazzato:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thoguth about having it cut off. It would probably make things a little easier now but in the long run I'd probably regret it. It's tempting though.

REV MCCASKILL
It's an eye-opener when you have surgery. What I mean is that you expect to go directly from A to Z but then you get caught up on every letter in between, even letters I've never seen before. IT SUCKS.

Thanks for the sympathy MTBRs.

G

·
i shattered my left pinky and the finger next to in december of 2000. (thug motorist made a U turn just in front of me and i "tucked" my fists into the pavement) i am just now able to close my hand into a fist, and that's not a very good fist at that.

but i can still ride, so don't give up hope.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.