Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yes, rode about 10 miles today flanigan over to the shasta ditch trail around redding, if you have a RV any weather is campable.
Where specifically, some campgrounds close, but there is always BLM land and there are some campgrounds that stay open. You can always camp on the shore of Shasta, at least that is still legal. Could ride clikapudi one day once or twice and or backbone road area. You can camp at the OHV park year round and there is one hike/mtb only trail there, but more importantly, you are about 1 -2 miles from the start of the shasta dam/upper ditch/hornbeck system.
Whiskeytown camps are open year round, some of the primitive camps may close during winter, you have to contact the ranger. Soil around here drains well, after 2-3 inches of rain over the last 3 days, i didn't even get muddy today. It was rather busy, i saw 4 hikers and about 6-8 MTBs

·
Registered
271 Posts
Rode at whiskeytown today, water seems to be draining nicely. Weather looks good for the next week or so. As far as camping goes, a lot of the whiskeytown sites are closed, I would recommend calling the information center at whiskey/shasta to see whats available. Shouldn't be to hard to find a spot. Bring the warm clothes, been pretty cold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.