Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed north for my 52nd birthday. I was on a mission to ride some Bucket List mt. bike rides.
Rode The Entertainer at Shasta and cruised up to Crater Lake and circumnavigated the lake on the bike.
Much needed after doing that route on skis back in 2012.

Bicycle Water Wheel Tire Sky

I then drove north and rode the Newberry Caldera Rim Trail circumnavigation. Awesome trail!
Bicycle Wheel Tire Plant Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

All the Photos:
Brent Heffner
Also some video
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDn...beSrfrpoZ51OfA

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice catch. I paid extra for that paint job. In sun light and depending on the angle, the bike morphs into different colors.
Sometimes it's red, blue, brown, pink, purple, orange, yellow, etc.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Crater Lake is a paved road circumnavigation. Any bike will do. But the views and the feeling of satisfaction of riding all around that absolutely beautiful crater filled with the purest, clearest water on earth is an amazing experience.

·
singletrack bound
3,075 Posts
Crater Lake is a paved road circumnavigation. Any bike will do. But the views and the feeling of satisfaction of riding all around that absolutely beautiful crater filled with the purest, clearest water on earth is an amazing experience.
And just up the Hwy is another stunning lake trail.
Waldo Lake.
Sky Water Plant Water resources Plant community

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
17,937 Posts
...and not a quarter mile of level road the whole 33 miles around -- every inch is either uphill or down. :)

Happy birthday!
=sParty

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanx Sparticus. Yeah, it's pretty hilly. I rode clock-wise. After the road leaves the lake, near the end - those hills are long. Four miles to climb up above 7000' around Mt. Scott.
The last hill before the end is only 1 mile, but it seemed to take forever!
Will have to check out Waldo Lake.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally got some video edits uploaded.
The Newberry one has some camera smudge at the beginning, but gets better as you go on.
The Entertainer at Shasta is much better quality.

Sorry for the long edits, but feel fee to fast forward.
Higher quality of video if you are willing to adjust the settings and wait a bit...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice videos! Entertainer is one of my favs, and my local shuttle trail. Important to note, it changes every year and there are so many hidden trails it’s ridiculous. Lots of new trails being built up there too, will eventually connect gateway to the ski park.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.