Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
aka dan51
6,021 Posts
Curmy said:
I have been riding in a local park yesterday, and I was not amused at the amount of horseshit on trails.

When equestrians start cleaning up after themselves?

Selfish bastards. Enslaving animals for their amusement, trashing trails, spreading lies to usurp our public lands.
I found this amusing, so I took a pic. This is in Cupertino near Fremont Older.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
dan51 said:
I found this amusing, so I took a pic. This is in Cupertino near Fremont Older.
I wonder if there is a similar code in Palo Alto and county. Next time I will take pictures of all the horseshit and mail them to park managers. We should persistently do that everywhere, especially in places open to horses but closed to cycling. Time to stop taking it on the chin from the usurpers.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah thanks for the idea , jcdill.

We're going to hit your big dumb slave animal where it hurts: In the pooper.

I'm more than happy to share trails with enormous, dangerous beasts. But not their ****. I think the horse feces situation is just the angle mtb trail access advocates in the bay area should be approaching the problem from.

Horse owners should have to either take that **** home or eat it I say.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
higher nitrogen content in streams and creeks can be caused by horsey manure and the effect is increased population of algae in the aquaculture. This algae reduces the amount of dissolved oxygen in the water and can seriously affect spawning and health of the rest of the watersheds ecosystem.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts