Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ladies, How many of you have actually mentioned the no man-panties (or panties) to another rider?

I've done it many times. Mostly to new women riders but I have whispered the secret of no-undies to a few guys too. It can be amusing since prior to the whisper there is usually several minutes of the women pointing out the man-panties to the other riders.

·
Displaced Southerner
231 Posts
I actually wasn't the one to request "please no more man-panties" to a fellow rider, but I was ring leader of the point-and-laugh group. To make matters worse, he was always decked out in a red cannondale team get-up. Red spandex is bad (even if it's Moots dear Donkey). Red spandex with man-panties is bad bad bad ...and hilarious. :)

I've mentioned to several newbie gals the no-undies thing.

·
Rides with Scissors
619 Posts
I will admit to telling a newbie rider when he was looking for shorts that he'd be more comfy WITHOUT underwear when riding in said shorts... he first looked at me as if I'd sprouted a 2nd head, but after a longish ride he admitted he was more comfortable riding without the undies.

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
I miss the "old Passion" - I could have dredged the OMPSC thread with it's funny photos to bore new people. Not only did we cover undies, we also pondered the wearing of shorts over tights, which is something I will never comprehend, so don't even bother bringing THAT subject up again.

Quickie -
I was asked to introduce a young lady (pretty would be an understatement) to the joys of MTB while her boyfriend took off with the fellas. She was very enthusiastic to learn about riding on trails and had a great personality. Other than telling her she should leave the pearl earrings at the house, it looked as if she had been set up pretty good by the boyfriend. She had decent winter riding clothes, a good HT bike, a helmet, etc.

Fast forward… we were headed back to the house when we ran in to a friend of mine with his 15 year old cousin. While we chatted, I became aware that my pseudo student seemed stressed. I asked if she was OK and she wailed out:

Oh, my poor sweet crotch!

The shy-but-drooling 15 year old almost fell over.

Seems she was wearing nylon under her lycra. I never heard about her after that.

:rolleyes:

·
pillage! plunder! 4 parts
253 Posts
Buy a bike...get a brochure

Maybe we should start a program that if you buy a bike or a bunch of gear that you receive a brochure on some of the do's and don'ts. Some are completely functional and others to keep you from being a victim of the "point-n-laugh" group. :D

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
C;assic!

I was just explaining that story to my wife, and she remembers having to chuck the undies. FYI, "OMPSC"
-you can pull up old posts from the archive files. I cannot remember the link right now, but just pm Francois or Gregg for the link, then just bookmark it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.