Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

Evolutionsverlierer
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

seems to me that almost every poll etc. is just about negative things so why do not share a or more positive things that happened on your last ride or in general.

Just came back from a gravel ride, rains a lot so trails where out of question.
Rode with GF, ex and her new boyfriend and we had a jolly good time, got rained on, got muddy, saw a lot of friendly faces and had a blast.
Now I am sitting here cooling down with a beer .
Life is good! 馃嵒

Registered
Memorial day. The previous three days I had mountain biked, hiked, and road cycled. My legs were trashed. I considered bagging the thought of mountain biking but it seemed really lame not to do anything on a day off. I reasoned I could ride flatish single track. Going through the motions for an hour, even a half an hour, would be better than nothing. I ended up climbing a small hill. There is an offshoot off the real trail that looks like it is legit but it quickly peters out to nothing, leaving you grinding up through weeds and whatnot.

Coming down, right as the hill meets the trail, there was what I initially thought was a deer standing in front of me. I stopped, put a foot down, and then noticed it was actually a bighorn sheep, horns curled full around. It was thirty-five feet away. I stood there trying to figure out how to get my phone out of my pack without spooking it. As I stood there it began walking up to me. As it got closer I started to wonder how dangerous these guys are if they decide to charge and butt you. It stopped fifteen feet away. I froze with super controlled breathing. It did the same after turning its side to me. After a few minutes it continued walking up the hill while maintaining about fifteen feet to me.

I was stoked. What should have been a pretty terrible ride turned out awesome.

Registered
Crashed a week ago on a ride that started solo. Went OTB. Flew into a tree and broke my pelvis, 5 vertebrae, and a rib. No cell service. Right before it happened I ran into my neighbor. He helped me walk to the top of the trail and carried my bike up so I could ride down the other side with him and he could drive me to the hospital. Solid mile ride out in the worst pain of my life. Called a trauma alert on myself on the way to the hospital and spent the next 5 days there. No surgeries necessary. I鈥檓 alive and walking and will ride again before the season is over. My first child will be born in 3 months. Super lucky to be here.

Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
Crashed a week ago on a ride that started solo. Went OTB. Flew into a tree and broke my pelvis, 5 vertebrae, and a rib. No cell service. Right before it happened I ran into my neighbor. He helped me walk to the top of the trail and carried my bike up so I could ride down the other side with him and he could drive me to the hospital. Solid mile ride out in the worst pain of my life. Called a trauma alert on myself on the way to the hospital and spent the next 5 days there. No surgeries necessary. I鈥檓 alive and walking and will ride again before the season is over. My first child will be born in 3 months. Super lucky to be here.
Holy smoke! Glad you made it! Good luck healing.
=sParty

On wuss patrol
Ohstinkinmy!! Heal well, be present to all the parenting moments. They move quickly.

Reactions: Streetdoctor

Premium Member
all of my rides are good.

it鈥檚 kinda wierd that folks would have a bad time doing something good.

but there is that half empty - half full mentality.

I had a great ride on the TRT Freel Peak section, looking fo to a goi time tomorrow on the TRT Kingsbury to Spooner section 馃憤

a bad day riding is better than a good day working ...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts