Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
Nice. I shook Muhammed Ali's hand once when I was 12. Does that make us even? On another note, how old were you in 1989? 8? Maybe 10? I feel old.

Can Levi follow up his Dauphine glory with a TdF podium spot? All signs point to "no." Basso 1, Ullrich 2, somebody else 3. Who cares who finishes 3rd? Ullrich retires after the race and gets fatter. Good for him.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Earthpig said:
Nice. I shook Muhammed Ali's hand once when I was 12. Does that make us even? On another note, how old were you in 1989? 8? Maybe 10? I feel old.

Can Levi follow up his Dauphine glory with a TdF podium spot? All signs point to "no." Basso 1, Ullrich 2, somebody else 3. Who cares who finishes 3rd? Ullrich retires after the race and gets fatter. Good for him.
I was 11 years old in that photo. I remember he was was of the older kids from Butte. He wasn't really on our ski team, but I think Butte didn't have much for an alpine racing program so he would show up at Bridger from time to time for training. I was giddy when my parents dropped off that picture last night, it made me feel cool. Then I saw that commercial for the new David Spade movie where he is a name dropper and felt like making this post.

TdF 2006
1. Ullrich
2. Basso
3. Vino
4-10 will include Leipheimer, Landis, and Hincapie somewhere.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
laffeaux said:
I'd like to see Landis do well. I'll be pulling for him.
My parent's also dropped off the July '06 edition of Outdoor magazine when they stopped by which has Landis on the cover. The article picks him as the dark horse to win yellow because of his hot spring success, Basso already peaked, and Ullrich too fat gibberish that you always keep hearing. I didn't agree with the article's picks, but I do hope and expect for a strong showing from the Americans.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so, has anyone been following the latest gossip from Operación Puerto? Jan Ullrich's name is being dragged back into it. I hope he isn't dirty, I've already picked him to win this year. Same with my 3rd place pick Vino. Will he even be allowed to compete? can you enter as an individual? He just attacks his teammates anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.