Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
yaha ha
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to race downhill this spring and summer and got a good deal on a race bike and sold my hunk steel old v10... ive been riding for many years and feel i have riding experience.. so should i start out above beginner class? or since it is my first race(s) should i do beginner.. just dont want to be the 17 year old with the smokin bike whos trying to look cool in beginner class...

G

·
start out beginner, if you win thats fine, then dont race beginner next time.... you are a beginner, eh?

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
snowforner15 said:
ya considering they most likely run the same course i wont get too ass raped..not in the riding part that is. maybe on standings....
]

just by what you say.....race sport and don't worry about it...you will do fine

·
Old No. 7
1,453 Posts
I've only raced twice, so don't listen to me, but here's my experiance anyway. I've been riding for a bit over a year now, first race was in november, beginner class I placed 3rd. Then my next race, a week or so ago, moved up to sport, placed 13th out of 17. So eh, gives me reason to push it harder and get in shape. I'm in a way glad i'm not placing right off the bat, gives me something to work towards. I say maybe do one race in beginner, see how you do, if you're in the top five, move up next race.

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
If you own a dh specific bike I am gonna say go for the sport class. No shame in finishing mid pack in the proper class. There is shame in showing up on a $3K dh bike and smoking the beginner class :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.