Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

My wife asked if I'd, oh damn wrong forum!..

I have a Dekerf Implant that I've been running rigid for quite a while now, I can't think of riding another frame as I doubt I'd enjoy it as much as this one but I do like experimenting with different setups.

The rigid fork is a Dekerf Tuning Fork and we've found it works really well as a 29R fork too, so I'm wondering if I should give it a go and run a big wheel up front?

Questions:

So I see quite a lot of guys on here run a 69 configuration, how have you found them?

Also am I right in saying that for every 1" increase up front equals to approximately one degree slacker geometry?

Thanks in advance for any replies guys! :thumbsup:

PS - Yes I know a 29R is the way ahead and a 29R SS is next on the wish list, but for now I'm enjoying this bike way too much! ;)

·
Registered
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MMcG said:
If you've already got the wheel - give her a go! Can't hurt to try right!?
Hi there!

LOL true but I haven't got the wheel yet, although that's not the problem, it's whether or not it's worth a go. I suppose this is another what colour/frame/underwear should I buy thread! Sorry guys! :D

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
I say it is worth it.

Although I've gone back to dual 26" wheels on my hardtail, the only reason I did so was to build up a dedicated 29er again (since I have a complete wheelset that rear wheel has been calling my name to put her on a bike!).

My frame was good, but maybe not optimal for 96er mode, but perhaps your DeKerf would excel based on what I recall the geometry/intent of those frames to be. Sort of a freeride or all mountain hardtail right?

·
Registered
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's some good feedback thanks.

The Implant has a 70 degree HA based on a 100mm fork, however currently in the guise it's in above it's more like 71, so I was kind of thinking it would suit the big wheel up front too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.