Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a bike for sale and I got three replys that just sound shady? I had my wife read them and she is a international sales rep and said they sould like the were written by someone foreign? anyone had the same experience?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Be careful.

m-dub said:
I put a bike for sale and I got three replys that just sound shady? I had my wife read them and she is a international sales rep and said they sould like the were written by someone foreign? anyone had the same experience?
Most of the responses I get when I sell a bike are foreign and almost all were con-artists. I could barely read the messages they were so bad. If they offer you more than what the bike is worth, then just delete the message or hang up the phone. I actually got a stolen cashiers cheque in the mail from someone in Africa who wanted to buy my bike. This dude wanted me to cash the cheque right away before it cleared and I laughed. This is a very common scam.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.