Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have recommendations for riding sunglasses for a guy with a really big head? I wear a size 8 hat, and most sunglasses look really small on me, and the arms pinch my head. I'm sure I'm not the only one...

·
mtbr Buckeye...in Austin
809 Posts
Kaenon Kores!

having a large mellon myself. The other glasses look like kid's sizes on me.
These look ok for people our size.

I like the Kores

They're polarized and have good coverage with the larger lens. (all 3 lens sizes shown here)
You can get yellow or amber.

The pink ones can be dark at low light and in the shade, but on a full on sunny day, rock!

I use the yellow ones most of the time, early rides or rides with lots of shade.

No more squinting.

They're pricey though. $189.

If you break a pair and send them a picture, they'll send you a 2nd pair for $99.
Now I have 2. I fixed the broken ones. :thumbsup:

They're great driving glasses as well and are used a lot for fishing.
Takes the glare off the water.

They aren't too ventilated, so you gotta keep moving.
some of the other brands have the holes in the lens for vents. Worth checking them out.

I really dig the polarization.

Just my $189.02! :D

·
Registered
445 Posts
native

I have a big melon as well and i have found that native makes the best glasses i have ever seen. Everyone i have turned onto them loves them. I use the ryde (which of course they don't make anymore, but you may be able to find overstock somewhere) and the lowrider (which is a tad smaller, but still plenty big for me) All natives are polarized (which really helps) and have a lifetime warrenty.

Here's the website of the new attack which may work out for ya:
http://www.nativeyewear.com/prod_details.php?style_id=15

The asphault material is great, it doesn't slip when you are sweating (and i do like crazy) and i recomend the rose colored lenses (great for all day, even lowlight riding) although i have never tried the blue ones

Hope this helps!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good options!

The Native Nano2 is specifically designed for big heads! There even appears to be a local dealer. I'd like to check out the Kores too. I'd definitely like to see them in person before I drop $180! I don't have a problem dropping some cash if I find a pair that fits and works well...

·
mtbr Buckeye...in Austin
809 Posts
schrist said:
The Native Nano2 is specifically designed for big heads! There even appears to be a local dealer. I'd like to check out the Kores too. I'd definitely like to see them in person before I drop $180! I don't have a problem dropping some cash if I find a pair that fits and works well...
Check out at Marinas and/or surf shops and sunglass outlets (won't be at the mall).

Good luck, happy shoppin

·
mtbr Buckeye...in Austin
809 Posts
hallin222 said:
My team was recently sponsered by Adidas Eyewear and I plan on getting a pair of the Evil Eye ClimaCool glasses soon. They come in two sizes (as do other models) and feature adjustable sides and nose bridge. You may like the Evil Eye Pro,as they appear larger. All are very nice.

http://www.adidas.com/eyewear/homesite/index.asp
look good. nice vents.

$177

·
Registered
501 Posts
I've got a 7 3/4's hat size, so a little smaller than you.. I wear Maui Jim's, I wanna say they are the "kahuna" model, but can't remember for sure. They are a more traditional, less space goggle, looking pair of glasses. Still pricey, but they look good on me.

Edit: they are the "Waimea Bay" model in the MJ Sport line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.