Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the conditions are going to be like out at SFH or NFH after today's snow?

The ground in my backyard is pretty dry, but the foothills may have gotten more (or less) snow than I did.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
I was up sledding with the boys earlier. SFH seems rideable if you don't mind plowing through a few inches of snow. I'm going to try to get a ride in the morning.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Nfh ?

So hows the NFH looking? Has it dried up enough to not be a mess yet?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Spill the beans

Ok, Someone has to know the conditions at the NFH. Is it rideable, or just stick with the SFH for now?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I rode them last weekend. There was mud in the sunny spots and slippery snow in the shady spots. Id say a lot of it was dry. Go for it and if it is too slushy retreat to the SFHs.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Nfh

NFH was about 1/2 and 1/2. Half dry and half mud. Wish I had stuck with the SFH.:madman: Thinking about WM tomorrow. Weather looks great.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
mtbike52 said:
NFH was about 1/2 and 1/2. Half dry and half mud. Wish I had stuck with the SFH.:madman: Thinking about WM tomorrow. Weather looks great.:thumbsup:

Where have I heard that before?:p

I was going to chime in but I didn't have first hand knowledge. South was in great shape!

·
Registered
84 Posts
So are the SFH free of snow and mud entirely, or do you have to ride early before the thaw? Hopefully someone will have info on WM.

Mtn. Biker123 said:
Where have I heard that before?:p

I was going to chime in but I didn't have first hand knowledge. South was in great shape!

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
don_o said:
So are the SFH free of snow and mud entirely, or do you have to ride early before the thaw? Hopefully someone will have info on WM.
75%, but it's not wet just icy in spots.

·
Genius
936 Posts
I've never actually seen the SFH muddy. :idea: Couple 5' patches here and there but the mud never leaves the ground and late in the evening or early morning its frozen solid.

After being stuck in the house all day a little night ride just now was great.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
215 Posts
don_o said:
Hopefully someone will have info on WM.
I did WM today. All trails fine. Some ice were the water seeps out, have to be careful of your line. I spun out once but was able to clean all the other climbs. Nobody there at 11, full lot when I finished at 2.

·
Bandolero
217 Posts
North foothills

Did a night ride on the north foot hills last night and it wasn't too bad. Was frozen but the ice and snow was in good condition.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts