Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been messing around with the idea of doing an urban ride in SF with the bike, maybe a night ride and end up at a bar, like Gestalt.

Anyone know of a good route? or some good obstacles to hit?

thanks!

·
3.14159265358979323846…
2,847 Posts
baycat said:
Been messing around with the idea of doing an urban ride in SF with the bike, maybe a night ride and end up at a bar, like Gestalt.

thanks!
You live in the Presidio right?
I'll email you later (after work :thumbsup: ) with some ideaers.

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yep! But work in the Beast Bay, so can start from downtown too, I almost killed myself being foolish on the Lyon St. Stairs.

Thanks Dennis.

Octane,

know you did something like this a while ago

·
Registered
631 Posts
I can't make a Friday ride this week, but let me know if you guys are going somewhere to drink later, as I might be able to join in for that part of the gig...

-Dave

·
3.14159265358979323846…
2,847 Posts
this won't make you feel any better...

baycat said:
Yep! But work in the Beast Bay, so can start from downtown too, I almost killed myself being foolish on the Lyon St. Stairs.

Thanks Dennis.

Octane,

know you did something like this a while ago
in an old shop on 2nd St. we had a photo of a dude named Cameron riding his rigid Bontrager down the Lyon St steps... he took his hands off the bars for the camera!... cleaned them without incident.

so there's a trail that goes from the old armory to the Arguello gate... used to be part of my commute... take Arguello to GGP and take the first off road right that you see... follow that to the sea... head south on the Great Highway... start to circle Lake Merced CCW... turn left onto LM Blvd and right into the park parking lot... find the site of the very last duel in California history... Saftey break, have a couple shots of wiskey to commemorate the 1859 gunfight 'tween Senator David Broderick and Justice David Terry.. If yer feelin' the wisky, jump the fence to the golf course and have a littl eDual Slalom action on th eslope of the San Francisco Glof Club's fairway...
take Winston to Sloat To Portola and right on Marn.... climb Mt Davidson for some great views and maybe hang a moon over SF.

Get back to Portola to Diamond Heights to Duncan to Turquiose and find the alley that gets you to Glenn Canyon ride the dirt back down to Bosworth..

Head down Chenery to 29th to Tifanny to Valencia to Gestalt and beer!!!

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the route Dennis, will try to map that out. Love the dual slalom portion.

Try to meet up @ parker and golden gate at, gotta jet over from work.

·
3.14159265358979323846…
2,847 Posts
Melt said:
that sounds like a sick ride
Melt ... your urban ride consists of Bidwell and a possible end of ride dip right in downtown Chico... I don't wanna hear it!

Have you been to the Retro ranch yet? Bring a 6 pack of Molson and you're in like Flynn.

·
3.14159265358979323846…
2,847 Posts
baycat said:
Thanks for the route Dennis, will try to map that out. Love the dual slalom portion.

I gotta head down there in the next couple of weeks to consult on a buddie's new shop. I hope you me and 8 Track can get a beer and talk about it. I'll give you a head's up a day or two in advance.

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
velocipus said:
Melt ... your urban ride consists of Bidwell and a possible end of ride dip right in downtown Chico... I don't wanna hear it!
haha bidwell is the only thing making living 2.5 miles east of downtown worth it so far ... but yea today i went back to the apartment dropped off the trek, then grabbed my singlespeed and the lock and rode around in downtown chico for a while and on campus. Theres actually a pretty sweet 1/4 mile dirt path from my house to the highway underpass, but you gotta cross the creek to get to downtown that way, so if it rains more i wont be goin that way too often.

velocipus said:
Have you been to the Retro ranch yet? Bring a 6 pack of Molson and you're in like Flynn.
nah havent heard of it thanks for the tip

·
3.14159265358979323846…
2,847 Posts
Melt said:
haha bidwell is the only thing making living 2.5 miles east of downtown worth it so far ... but yea today i went back to the apartment dropped off the trek, then grabbed my singlespeed and the lock and rode around in downtown chico for a while and on campus. Theres actually a pretty sweet 1/4 mile dirt path from my house to the highway underpass, but you gotta cross the creek to get to downtown that way, so if it rains more i wont be goin that way too often.

nah havent heard of it thanks for the tip
well look for it.... bob seals... partying with the sierra nevada crew... naked ladies in the DT pool... those were the dayz!

·
3.14159265358979323846…
2,847 Posts
baycat said:

where the hell is parker?... may just blow off my plans and show up in the city tomorrow if I can find a couch to surf...

·
GASing
508 Posts
baycat said:

thanks!
I don't think I can make the ride, but there's some really interesting stuff on Bernal hill. some sooper skinny singletrack, some rocky drops and some steep drops. It's right by my house - I work on my bike skill there sometimes.

·
3.14159265358979323846…
2,847 Posts
grrrah said:
parker is between Masonic and Stanyan. North-south street.
Check.. thanks... the Richmond... I always ignored that part of town:D 'cept the pig and whistle.

up for beers on friday nite, or are you on lock-down?... I think I'm rollin' into town. I need some urban time.

·
YESBRO!!!
1,162 Posts
velocipus said:
Check.. thanks... the Richmond... I always ignored that part of town:D 'cept the pig and whistle.

up for beers on friday nite, or are you on lock-down?... I think I'm rollin' into town. I need some urban time.
what are the odds?

i ate lunch at the pig & whistle yesterday. three blocks from my house.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.