Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice on this please!
I am having some repeted trouble with my sex bolts loosining up on my Moment :madmax: I just had to have all the bearings replaced in my swingarm and rocker. Ellsworth told me not to use locktite on the sex bolts, they should not have to have it. I also checked the orings and they were fine. The reason they were backing out the first time was due to the bad bearings. I thought the problem was fixed. Should I just pull them apart and locktite them?

·
Unchained Freewheel
283 Posts
Jim Burke said:
I need some advice on this please!
I am having some repeted trouble with my sex bolts loosining up on my Moment :madmax: I just had to have all the bearings replaced in my swingarm and rocker. Ellsworth told me not to use locktite on the sex bolts, they should not have to have it. I also checked the orings and they were fine. The reason they were backing out the first time was due to the bad bearings. I thought the problem was fixed. Should I just pull them apart and locktite them?
Phone them first thing in the morn Jim,this is the third instance in a day,I have heard of problems with a Moment frame.DO NOT use Loctite,as they informed you not to do so.
I am sure they know of what they speak.Phone them in the morn.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My Moment drive side rear chainstay pivot bolt fell out on the trail. Fortunately I was able to find it and continue the ride. I put blue Loctite on this bolt, both sides. I don't forsee any problems with this.

·
Time is not a road.
4,150 Posts
I had this issue on my older Isis when it was new. I just continued to keep tightening it when it came loose. Eventually, it just stopped backing out. Same issue with the shock mount bolts on the new Moment. Everything is good now. I didn't need Loctite, but I can't see why you shouldn't use it. I'd say that's up to you.

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
i use loctite

chad1433 said:
I had this issue on my older Isis when it was new. I just continued to keep tightening it when it came loose. Eventually, it just stopped backing out. Same issue with the shock mount bolts on the new Moment. Everything is good now. I didn't need Loctite, but I can't see why you shouldn't use it. I'd say that's up to you.
on the sex bolt on my truth...

never ever did i have to tighten it, nor i ever had problems taking it out to clean / lube bearings...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.