Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Severum does Lynn with pics

Our good buddy Severum made the trip down south to ride Lynn Woods today (Saturday). We did about 10 miles of trail riding on some very technical terrain. It was me , Skibud2, and the man of the hour Severum.
I have to say that for his first time riding Lynn he did pretty good. Props to Severum! He did have to get a few double looks at some sections. Not sure if he was scouting the best line or not believing what he was seeing.
On a sad not. Skibud2 crashed hard within the first 1/2 hour of the ride and had to turn back. Hope he is alright.

1. On our way up a long climb. Headed to the nasty!
2. Looking up at Severum from the bottom of a rock face switchback.
3. Finding the right hand line through the rock slabs.
4. Rolling a double rock.
5. We refuel at the mural or skulls.

Attachments

·
customized
3,123 Posts
I can't wait to see the pics. I could have rode a few lines that I didn't. Next time I'll do more. It took me a good half hour once we got into the hard stuff to feel it out. One big move after the other though. It was wonderful. We will ride in there again, soon.

Greg, you own that place. Smooth and confident describe you best.

Louis

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a few more from Saturday.....

1. Doing one of many rollers on the day.
2. Jamming along on the Gannon Trail
3. Gannon Trail is so fun! Look at his face....
4. Our hero does the wlk of shame. Not really this rock face is near vertical and not many ride down.......uuuhhhhmmmm!
5. Always the good semeritan.
Sorry Mike hope you heal up fast!

Attachments

·
customized
3,123 Posts
I look like a total dweeb bending down on that roller. That thing was like 50 feet long and so steep I couldn't walk down it. Had to use my bike as a crutch.. took five minutes to get down.

I like that pic of me on that roller. I'll hit some more of them next time. Amazing how intimidating the big rocks are the first time you see them. Fort Rock... LOL! Fort Pebble compared to Lynn Woods.

Hope your feeling better Mike.

Louis

·
Registered
122 Posts
Great pictures guys. Good job Louis. Bummer that I couldn't join you all for the rest of the ride. Hopefully I won't be out of comission for too long. We will have to go riding again.

·
Back on the wagon
1,091 Posts
Severum said:
I look like a total dweeb bending down on that roller.

Fort Rock... LOL! Fort Pebble compared to Lynn Woods.

Louis
Yes, you are a dweeb. And don't start calling names until you can ride all those "pebbles". :D

Seriously, though - when are we gonna get together for another ride?

·
customized
3,123 Posts
Thanks for the nice words there buddy. LOL.

Fort Pebble was a pure comparison to the size of the rocks between the two places. I know I still have pebbles myself on a lot of those moves... in both places. The confidence is growing and I'd be happy to ride Exeter again soon with you.

I gotta juggle my schedule around. Gotta hit Agy with Pufdup soon, Lynn is calling me back and I wanna ride Fort Rock too.

Nice to have so many great places to ride.

Louis

·
Back on the wagon
1,091 Posts
My schedule is pretty bungled for the next two weeks... My sister is getting married this weekend, and I've got lots to do this week because of it. Next week, I'm leading a freshman orientation trip for UNH (whitewater rafting and biking in Acadia). So, I won't be back till thursday the 26th. But that weekend, I've got some plans. email me about it, and I promise some good stuff.

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PutAwayWet said:
Yes, you are a dweeb. And don't start calling names until you can ride all those "pebbles". :D

Seriously, though - when are we gonna get together for another ride?
You guys want to come on down my way and ride this weekend?

·
Back on the wagon
1,091 Posts
I'd love to, but can't - my sister's getting married up in Sebasco, ME and I have to head from there up to West Forks for a little white water rafting...check your email!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I see a thread titled "Severum does Lynn" and it has the little camera next to it indicating pictures and I think....oh forget it, you don't wanna know what I was thinking.

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
minkhiller said:
I see a thread titled "Severum does Lynn" and it has the little camera next to it indicating pictures and I think....oh forget it, you don't wanna know what I was thinking.
Were you thinking like "Debbie does Dallas"
because that was what I was trying to satire.

Greg

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
yogreg said:

Greg
Yeah that's in line with what I was thinking.

·
Back on the wagon
1,091 Posts
yogreg said:

Greg
There's nothin like watching a bike get mounted, eh? Too bad Louis wasn't a *hot mtn bike chick*, huh?

·
Back on the wagon
1,091 Posts
Severum said:
You think I'll hit that steep roller next trip down, Greg?
Holy crap, talk about digging up artifacts... Say yes Greg, so he doesn't have to think about it all week...

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Rip Van Winkle

PutAwayWet said:
Holy crap, talk about digging up artifacts... Say yes Greg, so he doesn't have to think about it all week...

where is the way back machine?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts