Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All it took was one ride on a Fat Bike and I was hooked!!! I ended up building up a budget Pugsley from spare parts in the garage and some free parts given to me (Thanks RMB)...The result is Sevenz Pugz! Here are some pics of the build in progress to the finished product. Well just about finished product...Waiting on E-Type FD.

·
Registered
846 Posts
E-Type

Deraillure backorder? I converted my Fatbike to a 1X9, ditching the E-Type deraillure. I have two of these, one good, one damaged sitting on my bench. PM me if you are getting impatient. Was hanging on to it just in case I decided to get another Fatbike, haven't decided yet.

EDIT: Just noticed you said E-Type BB, I'm thinking you meant FD judging by the pics.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve Balogh said:
Deraillure backorder? I converted my Fatbike to a 1X9, ditching the E-Type deraillure. I have two of these, one good, one damaged sitting on my bench. PM me if you are getting impatient. Was hanging on to it just in case I decided to get another Fatbike, haven't decided yet.

EDIT: Just noticed you said E-Type BB, I'm thinking you meant FD judging by the pics.
Yup...that is what I meant...Typo...The damaged one you have...Is the E Type bracket damaged? I have an E-Type FD but need the bracket for it...

·
Registered
846 Posts
Bracket

I just took another look at the two, compared sisde by side:

There is a slight gouge in the bracket, and it may be the culprit that knocked the deraillure out of wack, as the cage looks pretty straight to me. On a normal bike without the cage, I would have been able to make the cage work just by turning it on the seatpost. I'm thinking that bracket is what is bent. Was not able to bend it back in shape, then I got the replacement, but went 1X9 months later. I didn't mess with the old one too much, figuring either the cage or the bracket might make a good spare part if needed last minute.

I had one of these E-type FD's on a TT bike, I used non-indexed thumbshifters which worked really well with these E-type deraillures.

Maybe a "Freecycle Sticky Thread" is in order on this BB? Don't remember, but I do not think you can buy the brackets separate from Shimano, as is the case sometimes with other sub-components. Awful to have to buy an entire component just to get a replacement piece.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.