Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to change my 2005 Cannondale Optimo Frameset (with a Fatty ultra DLR) for a Seven Sola With a Pace RC39C Fork).
I'd like to keep transmission and Bottom Bracket with the same stiffness, also for the front of the bike, but would like also to get more vertical comfort.

Is it posible with a cusom Sola (size near 18,75 my cannondale is a Large size).

Does anyone knos the size (diameter) of diagonal and horizontal tubes ?

Thanks a lt for help

·
memento mori
381 Posts
As you know,Seven is a full custom shop.Your best bet is to go direct to them.I'm sure they can build a Sola to match your Optimo specs.You could look into a Merlin,if you want to use your Fatty(Merlin does Headshock headtubes).

G

·
Sevens are custom built based upon a user's usage and weight. I'm pretty sure they can dial in whatever ride characteristics you want and they will choose the appropriate tubes to do so. But the Sola is a rigid bike and will never be plush like a fully suspended bike, just fast light and one of the best looking bikes on the planet. If you get one, post pictures.

bm

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seven Sola

Thanks for Answers. In fact, my practice is XC racing, and I don't need so much comfort but just a litte bit more than the Optimo. My main question was about Drivrtrain rigidity. I need the same level as with the cannondale wich is a famous aluminium framset.
Otherwise, I must say that choosing a Seven is also to get a beautifull and exclusive bike. Titanium seems to be made to put in the mud (This is not really the the case with carbon :) )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.