Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Armor by Band-Aid
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I'd move my Duo into its own thread to do it justice. I bought this Seven Signature size 18" frame and built it up with a lot of titanium in thinking it'd be my trophy bike (I've got other bikes I can ride). As it turns out the bike rides so well that it's becoming my main choice for a lot of the longer techy rides.

Despite some very aggresive riding everything has held up great except that my Fox Talas RLC has decided to no longer lockout. Note that this is one of my several bikes that sport Morati titanium cranks and they've held up great for my riding. Lots of other ti parts on the bike as well... ti King headset, ti Litespeed stem, Moots ti post, etc.

To me, this well may be the ultimate titanium full-suspension rig.

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
Tam,
That is one very fine bike indeed. I have seen some pictures of you riding it - Looks like it can take a good hammering on the trails.

T

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Where to find bossless Fox forks? Niiiice.
How da ya like the Moratis?

Nice nice nice.

If you ever want to adopt a 22 year old kid from S.F. shoot me a line!
I can help you prevent your bikes from collecting dust ;)

·
Armor by Band-Aid
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
donkekus said:
Where to find bossless Fox forks? Niiiice.
How da ya like the Moratis?

Nice nice nice.

If you ever want to adopt a 22 year old kid from S.F. shoot me a line!
I can help you prevent your bikes from collecting dust ;)
The Fox is an OEM model and they're all bossless (I think). The Moratis have worked very well for me through some pretty harsh riding conditions. One of my sets are heavily scratched from scraping boulders/rocks and they've continued to hold up thus far.

As for adoption, I'm going to be a father in a few months so I don't think there'll be a need but I'll keep you in mind. ;-)

·
Armor by Band-Aid
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Corky3 said:
ANy idea where to get some Helions.... everywhere has sold out & They're not making 'em anymore :-(
I met with the people who makes the Titec titanium products when I went to Interbike. If there are 20 people interested we could probably get another batch of Hellions made. ;-)

·
Armor by Band-Aid
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Corky3 said:
Maybe we could come up with our own logo rather than Titec for them..... TERMINAUTERS?
Heheh... Yeah - it would definitely have a non-Titec logo and of course there's also the option of making them wider (can always cut them down to desired length after purchase). They wanted a minimum order of 20 before they would make any so if anybody else wants to commit to one let me know and I'll determine whether we can pursue it. I didn't get a cost offhand, but most likely it'd be cheaper than whatever Titec was selling it for.

·
Armor by Band-Aid
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SlowSSer said:
Tam:

how do they measure the seat post angle on the duo? is it the obvious WYSIWYG or is there a virtual angle?
The angle on the seat tube is 73 degrees and measured the same way as any other bike, I believe. Some people don't like the extreme angle, but I actually prefer it as it gets the seat out of the way when you lower it completely.

Check out this setup with the Maverick fork. It sort of "complicates" the bike's lines a little, but still looks pretty nice!

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
Actually, term, it changes with saddle height

terminaut said:
The angle on the seat tube is 73 degrees and measured the same way as any other bike, I believe. Some people don't like the extreme angle, but I actually prefer it as it gets the seat out of the way when you lower it completely.
[/center]
The higher the saddle the slacker the effective seat angle

·
34N 118W
2,246 Posts
Seven/Maverick

this is the bike that I demo'd at Interbike. It was sweet, 'cept that Maverick bobbed a lot on the standing climbs. Otherwise it was amazing :)

I'd be down for some ti bars as well. 20 should be fairly easy to round up I'd think.

HW

terminaut said:

Check out this setup with the Maverick fork. It sort of "complicates" the bike's lines a little, but still looks pretty nice!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts