Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
This is not a simple question...

This is like asking how many kinds and types of rain storms you will have to wait through to get a full glass of water. You need to first figure out about how much money you have to spend. Then you need to go size yourself up on bikes you can afford. Not all bikes sit at the same height, due to geometry of frames. Even though it says it's a large, which is about where your height should put you, some XL frames might fit you better. The angle at which your arms sits when you are mounted is very important. Any decent bike shop will most likely measure you up when you are ready to purchase. Once you have a basic bike size you like and fit, start checking other bike types and styles, (once again, according to your budget). How well you ride will depend on how well the bike is sized up to you. I should say more that you will ride more comfortably if the bike is the correct size for you. Sooo...
1) How much can you or do you want to spend?
2) What bike makes and models interest you in that spending range?
3) Have you been sized up or approximately sized yourself up?

Once you answer those three questions, we can help you with your decisions.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I assume you are new and looking for some type of a starting point to look at purchasing a new bike.

At 5'10", you're probably right on the border between a large and a medium. Depending on the geometry of the bike, I suspect most larges (19-20") frames will fit you better. As for the setup, that depends on what type of riding you do. I got about 180lbs (though I'm only 5'8") and I ride a Yeti 575. I've got it built up as a solid trail bike... weighs about 28lbs.

Check out TrailAddict.com or Cycle-CNY.com for specs/details on teh bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.