Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
First, put on all your riding gear and set up the proper sag. Generally 25% for x-country and 30% trail. Be sure pro pedal is off when setting it up. The boost valve requires a minimum of 125psi, I’m about your weight and would use 140psi in the main chamber and 130psi in the boost valve. Next adjust the rebound to the type and speed of the terrain you ride. Smooth trail requires less rebound and choppy, rocky terrain requires more rebound. The best thing to do is to experiment, take your shock pump with you on your next ride.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
830 Posts
gonzo1034 said:
The boost valve requires a minimum of 125psi, I'm about your weight and would use 140psi in the main chamber and 130psi in the boost valve.
theres only one place to put air and thats the boost valve . you are correct that they recommend 125psi but the fox instructions say no less than 75psi and no MORE than 200psi in the boost valve... i use 150-175psi for my 230+lbs.... it bobs VERY little pedaling but rides rocks etc very well... just play with it and get it where you like it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.