Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,MTBRer's!

I am relatively new to biking (I used to mtb back in the early 90's then have not been for a long time) I am settled on Tracer VP after doing a lot of research. I have only had time for short demos but loved the bike.

I am about 210 lbs, and short legs, 30 inseam and about 6 feet tall. What would you guys recommend for psi settings for the front are rear shocks. Front shock is a Fox Talas, the the rear is the standard fox shock that comes with the frame.

I am not a fast rider by any stretch of the imagination yet, I am looking for the most "confidence inspiring" ride I can get. I live in Utah and ride moderate technical trails!

Thanks!

·
Registered
247 Posts
At your weight that rear shock is not going to work for you. The Tracer has a fairly linear compression curve and the RP's have poor mid stroke support. My rider weight is 160 and I found my RP to be absolutely terrible. I would recommend you either send it to PUSH or look into a Manitou Evolver ISX. Peace.

·
Registered
274 Posts
There's nothing wrong with the stock RP23 rear shock, especially if it's one of the newer Boost Valve versions. As far as PSI, it's all user preference. Just try to set it up with approx. 30% sag as recommended by Intense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts