Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got myself an anthem 2 from 2006 and a shock pump!
The SRL has the air valve, red lock out lever and the blue dial?

How do I set the forks and rear suspension up to maximal effect.
I am 90kg

Any help very gratefully received as the manitou guide isn't too helpful

Thanks

·
mutaullyassuredsuffering
2,053 Posts
Threads

There are a couple threads that pop up if you do a search for "anthem manitou". I just read through a couple of them. They will help you out with the fork.

As for the shock, I like to set my rebound about 3/4 the way to full fast. Air pressure has me baffled a bit right now. Typically you want about 20% sag which would be about 6 mm of compression when you sit on the bike. This is important for for the type of suspension on the anthem. For me the sag was perfect at 130psi ( I weigh 170lbs).

Where I am confused is that the bike is bobbing pretty bad at that pressure. Every pedal stroke causes my shock to compress over 1/4". In order to control the bob, I have gone up to about 155 psi, and the bob is gone. I just don't know how my suspension will perform now, and there is too much snow to find out for a bit....

·
Registered
194 Posts
As stated for XC, set your sag 1st to 20-25% of the total travel. Set rebound 2nd. The stiffer or more pressure you run in the fork, the slower the rebound you will want. If you run a soft fork you will want quicker rebound. On shocks with SPV or terralogic etc, I adjust the lockout sensitivity last.

You are best going for a few rides with your fork adjusted at opposite ends of the spectrum and find out what works best for you. A guy from fox once said he liked to watch the rider sit on a 10-15cm drop. The fork should return to the original position in one movement without mushing below it or bouncing above it.

Trial and error are your best methods.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.