Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get it.

When I put air to say 115psi on the PAR, then the positive air pressure goes up. Then lower the positive to say 80psi, then go to PAR and the PAR air is down to 80psi.

I want to set up so the PAR would be 120psi and positive to be 80psi. Does anyone know how to do that? Is my ATA cartridge defective?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just tried what the manual says, deflate the SFA (not sure what it is stands for, but I guess both the air chambers), then inflate the PAR to 120psi, then to the positive....but positive is already up to 120psi without inflating.....I guess the ATA cartridge is broken.

·
Registered
729 Posts
There is an order to follow

First fill up the PAR with the SFA empty.
Now fill up the SFA and the TST if needed.

Remember that the PAR is a floating piston so when you fill the SFA the PAR might go up in pressure a bit cause now the SFA is compressing it ever so slightly. This doesn't change the pressure significantly.

later..........

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi,

Thanks for the tip. In my case, I attempted more than few time, but putting air in PAR makes the SFA air go up with the same amount, say putting 120psi to PAR makes the SFA 120psi without putting air to SFA, then lowering SFA to say 80psi, makes the PAR go down to 80psi.

I might have screwed the cartridge by pushing it without the air? I did order the extra cartridge (might take some time to get it in), but do you think I can fix the cartridge?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
hmm it sounds like the o-ring that is probably around the par piston is leaking or the cable that limits the par pistons upward trave has somehow broken. With all your troubles I would probably try to get an rma and see what my be going on since you got a very early one like me maybe there is some internal issues?

Thats too bad too cause you had finally just got it figured out too. I am still lovin mine though so have faith it can be a good fork.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, but once I clear these things out, then this fork would be excellent.
It might be good to have longer fork like you said, but the extra weight would be drag for my everyday ride, so AMSL1 should be perfect, it is riding as good climbing the hill and jumping as 5.5, but better in big hits and even for small bumps because of the better shock.

In the long run, I might pick up another fork for when I go to downhilling, but AMSL1 should be good for street hucking and allmountain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.