Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had the chance to ride or even see this badazz ride, if so is it any good.

The Sette Vexx for $2300 to my door and it's ready to roll down SOMO.

Also looking at the Rocky Mountain Flatline Pro for $3600 to my door. :D

Not sure what bike to go with for the money.

Attachments

·
Shred...it's the new drug
3,844 Posts
I know a dude that has had a vexx for the last year and loves it. Beat the snot out of it and no problems at all! For the price of the build you can rip the parts off and put it on a name brand frame and you're ahead of the game. It can handle somo...

As for the Rocky mountain...go to Rage and buy the one they have on the floor. Cheaper and you're helping out a local shop, plus instant gratification. I rode mikes last sunday and that bike is SOLID!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rage Cycles

Pete over at Rage had a Rocky Mountain Pro on sale a few months back for like $2300 so im going to stop in on monday to see what he has instock and if he will sell one for $3600 OTD i just might snag it. :thumbsup:

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
LateDrop is probably referring to sixsixtysix who owns a Sette Vexx and he is freaking faster than shi* on that thing. He is fast anyway, but the Vexx certainly ain't slowing him down. He runs a Cane Creek Double Barrel on it and I am sure that helps the suspension action. Nonetheless, it seems like a very solid, well built frame.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rage Cycles

Well i went into Rage Cycles today and he had a large red and white rocky mountain flatline pro instock for $3999. I can buy one online for $3599 with FREE shipping to my door.

He also had a small blue and white flatline pro for $3599 what gives it's the same bike. :confused:

The Sette Vexx has all the same parts as the Rocky Mountain, hell a bike for $2300 is starting to sound like a better deal. Throw on a rear shock and hit up SOMO. :thumbsup:

:confused:

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
DirtChump said:
Well i went into Rage Cycles today and he had a large red and white rocky mountain flatline pro instock for $3999. I can buy one online for $3599 with FREE shipping to my door.

He also had a small blue and white flatline pro for $3599 what gives it's the same bike. :confused:

The Sette Vexx has all the same parts as the Rocky Mountain, hell a bike for $2300 is starting to sound like a better deal. Throw on a rear shock and hit up SOMO. :thumbsup:

:confused:
As others have said, Shop Local to keep the money in AZ.

For the most part, you're going to be able to get a better deal online vs local. It's going to be hard to get LBS to meet online prices on parts, but does not hurt to ask about bikes. That said, what happens if something breaks, or god forbid you need a warrenty replacement.

That said, I'm cluelss when it comes to geners of bikes, but I was able to piece together a really nice Kona for sub $2K. I did purchase the frame online, but for the most part the rest of the bike was built with used parts I had, used parts I purchased, and via my LBS.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
NMPhi767 said:
LateDrop is probably referring to sixsixtysix who owns a Sette Vexx and he is freaking faster than shi* on that thing. He is fast anyway, but the Vexx certainly ain't slowing him down. He runs a Cane Creek Double Barrel on it and I am sure that helps the suspension action. Nonetheless, it seems like a very solid, well built frame.
Don't you mean Milos?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rage Cycles

skinny-tire said:
As others have said, Shop Local to keep the money in AZ.

For the most part, you're going to be able to get a better deal online vs local. It's going to be hard to get LBS to meet online prices on parts, but does not hurt to ask about bikes. That said, what happens if something breaks, or god forbid you need a warrenty replacement.

That said, I'm cluelss when it comes to geners of bikes, but I was able to piece together a really nice Kona for sub $2K. I did purchase the frame online, but for the most part the rest of the bike was built with used parts I had, used parts I purchased, and via my LBS.
I might stop back by on Sunday and make a CASH offer. :rolleyes:

·
3,844 Posts
DirtChump said:
I might stop back by on Sunday and make a CASH offer. :rolleyes:
Talk with Mike or Damon and tell them Gnar Bob send ya...they are cool cats and will work with peeps. They'd love to see another Flatline on the hill. Plus if it breaks or you need a tune you can bring it in to them and they'll hoook you up on that aspect too and they usually have free beer for customers. Rage has some of the best wrenches in town! Can't do that with an online retailer...you'd have to buy your own beer!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Would highly agree with what Bobo and the others have said about buying locally.

Coming off the mountain with a broken bike on Saturday and having your LBS thow it on a stand and get you going again that same day. vs. Here is a ticket and we will give you a call when its done. Priceless

What more you pay on the purchase price of the bike will easily be made up in service when you need it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rage Cycles

Well im going to offer $3000 cash OTD and if the say show me the money then i will plop down the 3 bills. :thumbsup:

But the Vexx is just as good and $1300 cheaper and im all about supporting the locals.:cool:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rage Cycles

Plus the red and white large Rocky Mountain Flatline Pro he has is a 2010 for $3999. I remember when it was on sale for $2300 a few months back.

What other local shops carry the Rocky Mountain bikes.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hard to beat the build kit on the vexx for the price, but if I remember right the geometry is a little strange. As for Flatlines, been seeing last year's on chainlove for $1899. Just FYI.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ruppguts said:
Hard to beat the build kit on the vexx for the price, but if I remember right the geometry is a little strange. As for Flatlines, been seeing last year's on chainlove for $1899. Just FYI.
Is chainlove a site with mtn bikes.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Good call... Im all about buying local but Damn you would think they would want to make a sale/ work with you on price. Oh well. I would have done the same.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The ride

Well i took my new sette vexx out to somo today for a test ride and i must say, WOW. :thumbsup: I almost forgot that somo has rocks, drops and boulders. :rolleyes:

Very nice ride.

Going to the top tomorrow for a full blown DH test. :D

Attachments

·
3,844 Posts
DirtChump said:
Well i took my new sette vexx out to somo today for a test ride and i must say, WOW. :thumbsup: I almost forgot that somo has rocks, drops and boulders. :rolleyes:

Very nice ride.

Going to the top tomorrow for a full blown DH test. :D
Looks good...careful, you've got a loaded weapon now...watch where you aim it! Hopefully out on the shuttles:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.