Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace my '94 Rockhopper commuter with a new build for bad weather/winter commuting. Lots of snow and road salt in my area, and because of rust issues on the Rockhopper I'm interested in switching to a low-cost aluminum MTB frame that'l take discs, with the Sette Reken as a front runner. I've read through the Sette forum but couldn't find many commuter-build discussions.

My questions/concerns are - can a rear rack and fender be mounted to the Reken, especially if I use discs, and in general, any advice on a Reken commuter build? Do it, don't do it, better frame choices? I'm thinking a 1x7 or 1x9. Thanks in advance.

·
Bedwards Of The West
5,451 Posts
My Performance Access 29er has threaded eyelets for a rack and disc tabs... if you wanted to go cheap/aluminum/29er/700c

·
Bedwards Of The West
5,451 Posts
^ I have 2 of them... one was $99 shipped and the other was $120 in-store pick up. Running WTB 29er wheels and 2.35" Schwalbe Big Apples on the commuter. It's a tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.