Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The EMD doesn't have a disc brake brace on it.Both made of 7005.I bet you they came from the same factory.

·
Registered
826 Posts
29erPilot said:
The EMD doesn't have a disc brake brace on it.Both made of 7005.I bet you they came from the same factory.
Yep. Niner's are one of the most overpriced frames around. Vassago is a close second. Pretty run of the mill frames. $250 is about right for frames of that quality.

·
Scooterist
1,211 Posts
The cable guides have different placings,
the brake brace
disk mount
seat tube gusset
dropouts
rear stays
BB placement

Are ALL different.

It has a bent downtube, that doesn`t make it a re-badged niner.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
fux said:
The cable guides have different placings,
the brake brace
disk mount
seat tube gusset
dropouts
rear stays
BB placement

Are ALL different.

It has a bent downtube, that doesn`t make it a re-badged niner.
Specialized has a bent downtube. Could this be a rebadged Specialized :D
The welds look kinda sloppy to me, at least from what I can see. Kinda looks like toothpaste at the headtube junctions. IMHO anyway. Probably rides great though. For a frame made from 7005. It is certainly light - - I think it is even lighter than an EMD if the geometry for an 18 matches the geometry of a Niner.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm looking to build a 1x9 for cheap.This frame might do the trick.I'll be running a 09 Reba set at 100mm.I'll need to know a bit more about the geometry before buying it. It does seem light,but will it hold up?Probably as good as a Fisher or Niner? I like the fact that it's polished,no more paint chips.If PP would have listed the specs I think they would have sold some of these by now.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've got everything but a frame.The parts are calling me to the garage to build them.My wife is calling me in the other direction. I can't let these parts suffer and not go to good use.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I've got the fork

boomn said:
You would still need a fork
And the wheels. I'm just wondering how those other parts stand up. I already have a set of BB7 brakes and I'm familiar with them.

So what I really need is for someone to offer a frame and parts kit that doesn't include wheels or a fork (or a headset, actually). And I want the frame to take a 31.6 seatpost.

Oh, and I want it to be titanium. Not really a lot to ask, is it?

·
Registered
906 Posts
gthcarolina said:
And the wheels. I'm just wondering how those other parts stand up. I already have a set of BB7 brakes and I'm familiar with them.

*snip*
Actually it does come with wheels. I think most of it is decent stuff... not especially light, but still good enough to stand up to good use.

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Okay, it is definitely not a Niner! (courtesy pic for referance)

I would venture to say that anybody with a design and the cash could get a Chinese manufacturing facility to make you as many of those Sette frames as you want. That's not far from the mark here, I'd wager. By the way, the Sette is shown sans rear derailluer hangar. I hope that is included at that bargain basement price.

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What is the difference between a Taiwan frame or a Chinese one? Some would say that Taiwan is part of China.

1 - 20 of 272 Posts