Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed when I first got my Reken that when I installed my Derailleur Hanger it did not need to be adjusted. It was perfect, and I could hit all the gears after normal tweaking. I had since bent that derailleur hanger. I got a new one for Christmas (early) and proceeded to install it. To my amazement yet again it did not need any adjustment. I installed it, adjusted the derailleur and I can hit all the gears.

I am wondering if any of you other Sette guys have had the same experience with the Hangar?

·
Suffers From Binge Biking
412 Posts
Do hangers on a new bike typically need adjusting? Of all the bikes I've had (cheap and expensive) the hanger has always worked perfectly- as it should. Is this just good luck? Either way, this is good to hear because I'll be ordering an Ace tomorrow or monday :D

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
marsh rider said:
Do hangers on a new bike typically need adjusting? Of all the bikes I've had (cheap and expensive) the hanger has always worked perfectly- as it should. Is this just good luck? Either way, this is good to hear because I'll be ordering an Ace tomorrow or monday :D
I have no idea if its just good luck on my part or if this is normal, thats why I asked. My friends told me it was odd that it was perfect right away and needed no adjusting.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Normally the hanger and drop out will be close enough to adjust the derailleur into shifting spec on a new bike. Even after bending or breaking a hanger unless the drop out has twisted you usually won't have a problem. I usually don't align a hanger unless I can no longer ajust the derailleur for proper shifting or it's noisy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts