Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are you guys running 170mm or shorter cranks in general for the dh nature of enduro?

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
I am running 170's as are a lot of my riding buddies. It took about three weeks to adapt since most of my rides have a decent amount of climbing, but I will never go back now.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, salespunk, for the reply. i'm hoping to travel and try to pick an event this summer. want to dial in my bike to train properly. have played on dh bikes and know to go shorter but was curious about optimal for enduro racing.

·
Your bike sucks
2,193 Posts
I'm running 170s on 1 bike and 175s on all my others. Only went to 170s to deal with some pedal strikes on a low BB. That worked out and it doesn't bother my other bike's fit sensations (swapping between bikes) since relative fit is bit more variable when using flats & dropper anyway.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm 5'11 with super long legs, grew up racing xc bikes, and run 175 cranks almost exclusively.

I have some time using 172.5 cranks with lower stack height pedals, I'm still torn as to if I like them or not.

Enduro racing is still pedaling intensive, so whatever crank length allows you to find the best balance between getting on the gas quickly vs max power output should be the determining factor.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just switched my bike to 650b and haven't had a problem with strikes since...... If you have never raced your going to be surprised at how much pedaling there can be........ I wouldn't get focused on the DH stuff...... All your time will be made on the climbs and the pedaling sections.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts