3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my lever , when fork is locked , is touching the bar

possible to fix it ?

i pull off red rebound dial with 1,5mm allen key

i pull off 10mm upper bolt

i remove the blue lockout lever

then ?

how can i do to make the red rebound splinde turning counter clok wise of 15-20° ?

must i remove lower 10mm nut ?

try to turn the spindle , it's hard :eek: ... don't want to broke something .

help !! :madman:

·
unemployed team mechanic
157 Posts
loosen the outer cap (its a Shimano hollowtech bb tool) this will allow you to spin the cartridge. (use the blue lockout lever to see where you want it). make sense?

·
unemployed team mechanic
157 Posts
yes i know. when you loosen the outer collar you can spin the lockout lever and have it positioned wherever you want it (spinning the damper shaft in the oil cylinder). Then you tighten the collar back down. its that simple,

·
unemployed team mechanic
157 Posts
amillmtb said:
Eli, make sure you take all the air out first. I had a customer try to do this and shot his damper carterage into his roof...No joke.

no need unless your damper is already unthreaded (bad in the first place) hes not unthreading the cartridge. just the top cap.

·
FIRENZE rulez !!
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Captain Pabst said:
yes i know. when you loosen the outer collar you can spin the lockout lever and have it positioned wherever you want it (spinning the damper shaft in the oil cylinder). Then you tighten the collar back down. its that simple,

okkkkkk well.

thank for help

i will do in a few hours !!!

for my safety , i discharge first all air inside my lefty. maybe not necessary but a safer way of work .

in helicopter's world: safety first

·
Fixin' shocks Day & Night
270 Posts
Yeah Capt. Pabst is right, you don't need to let the air out. It will make it a bit easier to turn the lever to where you want it. He is also right about the tool, a Shimano outboard bearing bottom bracket wrench is the tool you need Shimano part # TL-FC32, you will need to loosen the top cap of the fork and turn the lever. You will also need to do the steps you have done and remove the damper knob and lockout lever other wise you cannot remove the top cap if that is what you wish to do. You also could leave the damper knob on and the lockout lever in place and loosen the top cap then rotate the lever to the desired postion, then tight the top cap back down.

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,308 Posts
amillmtb said:
Eli, make sure you take all the air out first. I had a customer try to do this and shot his damper carterage into his roof...No joke.
If that happened, there are larger issues afoot than whatever he bargained for. :yikes:

·
FIRENZE rulez !!
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
however , not able to do it ...

i had a little injury at my right shoulder some days ago... i tried to unscrew... but no enough power yet in my shuolder/arm on the right to unlock the crown....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts