Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting a Turner in a few months. Would like to get a head start for a set up for a clydes. I've been riding about 15 years with a 6 year break, got a motorcycle and did some RC racing :D, not giving up the motorcycle totally, just will be doing more track days....a lot more. I've been riding a Truth since 2001 witch has parts from and old Stumpjumper, but they still work just find. Dont know if i want a RFX or 5 spot. I'm leaning more toward the RFX cause i'm 215+ lbs.

So if anyone has any set up ideas...please post up.

Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Jase810 said:
Thinking of getting a Turner in a few months. Would like to get a head start for a set up for a clydes. I've been riding about 15 years with a 6 year break, got a motorcycle and did some RC racing :D, not giving up the motorcycle totally, just will be doing more track days....a lot more. I've been riding a Truth since 2001 witch has parts from and old Stumpjumper, but they still work just find. Dont know if i want a RFX or 5 spot. I'm leaning more toward the RFX cause i'm 215+ lbs.

So if anyone has any set up ideas...please post up.

Thanks
Jason
You've only got 5 pounds or so on me and I ride an '05 Five Spot. There are plenty of clydes on 'Spots; its plenty strong for what it was designed for. The real issue in deciding between the 'Spot and the RFX is probably intended use. If you like technical climbs as much as descending and overall build weight is a consideration I say go with the 'Spot. If you want a burlier build, don't care to climb to the top fast, and plan on doing a lot of jumping/hucking then get the RFX. (And I'm skipping over a lot such as geometry differences between the two.)

If you're going to keep the Truth (no seat tube breakages on that '01?) then the RFX might be better for broadening you're range of coverage for light and fast XC-only days and stay-n-play or huck days.

IMO, don't write off the 'Spot because of your weight. Write it off only if it doesn't fit your needs.

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
I'd say the 07 RFX would be a great compliment to yr riding and cause ya have the Truth in yr stable, I have the Spot & RFX if I could only have one it would be the RFX with the new forks avaliable you have many options, and still have a well balanced bike with lots of options.

I think the 07 RFX is the new Spot:thumbsup:

·
Banned
4,278 Posts
Your weight is not an issue--I ride a Flux and weigh 250. Like clyde and TA suggest, what is your intended style of riding? If I wanted a do-it-all bike then the Spot would be the way to go, but if abuse is your forte, then maybe the RFX. Like TA says, it may be the new Spot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.