Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Saintowner
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a great deal on a 77 frame, and I'm not a fan of the gold color. Has anyone painted up their Session frames? If so, is there anything special to know about and can you post your pics of it to this thread? Any advice would be much appreciated.
And how about painting the rocker arms??? Do-able???
Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
PhosphoLipids said:
the gold is anodized on that frame. paint does not stick well to anodized aluminum - so just save yourself the trouble and ride it as is.
the opposite is true (you don't even have to strip the frame) - if the frame is anodized, you can paint it right away (provided it is properly degreased).

If you want to paint it quite professional, you would need to apply a special NF metall primer, which makes the paint stick better.

However, for a Freeride bike I would consider powder coating - not as brilliant as car paint, but much more durable.

·
Saintowner
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's precisely what I found out from the actuall painter. Should be not problem at all. I dropped it off today and I'll post a pic or two when it's done. Should be sick.
Thanks for the more uplifting info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.