Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

how much does the Session 77 weigh? Is it XC capable?

It looks like a Turner 6pack on steroids, and if it is less than 35lbs and can get a head angle of 68' + then I would consider it a cool aggressive XC/Freeride bike....

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
11 Posts
soulfly_NYC said:
Hi,

how much does the Session 77 weigh? Is it XC capable?

It looks like a Turner 6pack on steroids, and if it is less than 35lbs and can get a head angle of 68' + then I would consider it a cool aggressive XC/Freeride bike....

Any thoughts?
unfortunitly no..it is around 42lbs and it is really an agressive freeride frame..oversized everything..try a 2003-2004 Giant AC bikes for true all condition bikes

·
Registered
22 Posts
konaworld said:
unfortunitly no..it is around 42lbs and it is really an agressive freeride frame..oversized everything..try a 2003-2004 Giant AC bikes for true all condition bikes
Yep you are exactly right! Just built up the Session 77 frame and it weighs 41 pounds. frame with Cane Creek headset cups weighs in at 11.5

·
Registered
276 Posts
a freeride bike that can climb...

...is what it is. You will be able to climb on this 40+ pound bad boy, and do singletrack, just not nearly as well as on a long travel trailbike that weighs 28 to 35 pounds.

That's why I cancelled my Session 77 order and bought a Liquid Frame instead. I weighed a Liquid 25 the other day, and it was 32 pounds flat with a Black SPV 5" fork and a Bontrager Wheelset. Therefore, I expect mine to weigh about 35 pounds with a D3.1 Wheelset and Z-1 150mm fork. It's being built as I type.

Have fun choosing your new bike!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.