Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, could anybody helps me? I am looking for any service manual, pictures, drawings....to make maintenance on a DT fork, the EXC 150. I would like to make the maintenance myself (changing oil, seals, etc).
If someone has a manual, or if someone has made a maintenace once, please let me know.
I'll be very grateful.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. In the "fork damper oil levels" pdf, there are three columns. I understand what the first and third means, but I don't know what the second column (oil weight) means, what does WT mean?
And why in the first column says "ML" and in the third column says "M.L", are they differents measures?
Thank you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The oil weight is the viscosity grade in SAE units (Society of Automotive Engineers). The higher the number, the thicker the oil.

The ML vs M.L. must be an error. I'm sure both are meant to be ml.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tbsmitty said:
The oil weight is the viscosity grade in SAE units (Society of Automotive Engineers). The higher the number, the thicker the oil.

The ML vs M.L. must be an error. I'm sure both are meant to be ml.
Thank you very much tbsmitty. Could you recommend any brand of oil for the fork? Its weight is 7.5 WT.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Off hand I believe that Fox, RockShox, and Marzocchi sell oil in their own names and should be available in the bike shops.

Any motorcycle fork oil will also work, as that is all it is. Brands (in the US) include Finish Line and Golden Spectro.

There are many others. Really, any will work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts