Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding my Reba Team Dual Air for about 10 hours and the suspension doesnt work properly.
The fork is set at 100mm but it only uses 35mm of travel.
I let out all the air from the negativ and positive chamber and pushed it downward to see how much travel I got and it only goes down 35mm.
There is a distinctive stop after 35mm like there is something solid in the way.

What can I do? Should I disassemble the fork and take a look?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have the same thing

I had the same thing. It stopped at about 40mm in 85 mm setting, with all air removed from the + chamber. Checked the oilheight in the damper assambly, was ok... Sent it back to the lbs, they sent it to the distributor, got it back 2 weeks later and it wouldnt go down any further than 60mm!
Now it is back again to the distributor. I repost when the fork is back!!

If the fork had been out of warrenty, i would check myself. It should not be too hard.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same thing with Reba SL

Hi,

I had the same problem you had with my Reba SL U-Turn. When I would push down on the fork (all air out), it would only move from the 85mm mark to the 115mm mark. i would hear a "clonk" at the bottom of the travel and also when it got back up.

I got my brother to look at it and we did manage to push it down further to use all of it's travel. That was after fiddling a bit with the travel adjustment knob. I guess it only needed a good push.

I did end up sending it to the distributor because it also wasn't getting any sag. The negative was also not keeping more than 50psi.

I got it back last week, seems to work just fine now. My mistake was not asking exactly what was wrong in the first place. Sory I can't help yo umore than that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.