Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
B. I'm afraid of seeing Tyler Derdin in a support group and having to hug him to make him feel better. (I don't want any really bad news)
This is not a good reason to not see a doctor. If it is something serious you'd rather know sooner than later.

Having said that... bike fit could have a lot to do with it. Make sure that your saddle is on straight and that it's not tilted up too much. If you have other pain in your feet, back, etc it might even be worth getting a bike fit.

I'd see a doctor first then head to a shop and get your fit checked out if the doctor gives you a clean bill of health.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
7,914 Posts
see a doctor asap. that type of stuff must not be ignored.

---
aside from that, no... biking does not affect the nuts if you are generally 'normal' and have no anomalies down there....you find a place to park them and if anything, you may get numbness dead-center of the taint from saddle pressure, but the nuts are the very last thing that ever bothers me or anyone else. Sometimes I have a pair of worn-out lycra that doesn't hug them like I want and I might need to fiddle around...I hate if anything moves when I go between standing and seated...so I will retire that pair to the indoor workouts and buy a new set of shorts.

ball pain cannot be ignored, if they have a problem or torsion it can go from bad to crippling and if that happens it can even go worse and you can lose your ability to procreate or even walk, or infection and die. ball pain is nothing to diagnose on the internet !!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm talking about in the testes. I have some right side pain. I'm hoping I don't have something serious, of course, but I have a radiating soreness in my otherwise perfect right ball. Does anybody else who ride get this? It feels normal upon self examination, and is not painful to the touch, but it is a mild to fairly uncomfortable pulsing style pain which surround the area and goes up into the stomach a little. Not crippling pain, yet, just like a slightly pulsating ache. Would not surprise me if it were a "blockage" or something. I will get it checked out, but I wanted to hear from people on here if their biking habits had ever caused anything like this.

I'm weary about going to the Doctor for two main reasons.

A. He is kind of a family friend in a way. I have only seen him once outside of the office, but our women are friends and we have soimehwat crossed that line.

B. I'm afraid of seeing Tyler Derdin in a support group and having to hug him to make him feel better. (I don't want any really bad news)
Seriously you need a different doctor....you really need to have a doctor you can be totally honest with, about this and whatever other issues you might encounter down the lines. Blurry lines=no good. IMO.

·
Registered
999 Posts
x2 on the epididymitis. I get it every couple of years. Actually I am currently finishing a dose of antibiotics to quell the latest flare up. Go to the doctor. Also if you don't already wear one, invest in a supporter without a cup it helps reduce the instances.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

·
EMBA MTB Lead Instructor
957 Posts
I had the same thing that I kept ignoring until I started getting abnormal swelling in my testes that was painful to the touch. I freaked out, called my doctor, had an ultrasound done.... turns out it was just my crappy seat causing issues. I took a break for about a week, got a Serfas split seat so that my taint wouldn't get hit all the time, and I have been issue-free since then. I am actually surprised more people don't have this issue.

·
Weird huh?
2,286 Posts
I'm not a doctor but I play one on the internet when people ask SERIOUS medical questions on bike forums.

My professional opinion is that you're f****ed. Prolly only a few weeks to live. Give it up. :skep:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I literal just went for my third ultra sound and a recheck with my third opinion doc (I've had one every 6 months) of d'nutz. The ultrsound was terribly uncomfortable and everyone of the ultrasounds techs was a hot young women, exempt for the one flaming gay guy who the tech asked for a second opinion. So all and all not a bad time :(

It started and ended as epididymitis. I've always had intermittent nut pain.The first doc wanted to cut me the next day because he felt there might, maybe, probably not, but could possibly, but not likely, but maybe its cancer (the room spun and I almost puked). I got two second opinions and they both advised me to keep my junk and manage with OTC anti-inflamitories, no cancer.

The bad news is you need to have it checked, this means a hands on exam which is easy and straight forward. You need a base line!! Skip the family doc and get in with a urologist. Save time and get your buddy to order/script you an ultrasound if your insurance will allow you to before you go. Upgrade your riding gear, seat and high end shorts w/ a pad and use chamois cream, it reduces the direct impact on your nuts. $110-150 is still cheaper than a doc visit and surgery.

And as if I need to tell you, play with your junk daily, if you feel changes get your ass in sooner!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.