Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have these - I tried them in a LBS and they feel great. Wondering if they are as good as the ergons, as they are substantially less expensive.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Molly55 said:
Nope. But I bought Ergon GP1 Grips and they rock. Inspires confidence and control also. Plus, my hands have not gone numb yet. I commute to work also and they are perfect for it. I ride on trails as well, and they are just as comfortable.. Cannot figure out why we all are not using these grips yet..... In fact lots of men are buying the female grips. You can get a better hold on the bars..

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have Ergons now, but I think I might like those more. Those seem like they might let you get your fingers wrapped around more while still giving you the extra support for your wrists. If they are as durable as Ergons I would go for it! $24 is a cheap way to find out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm curious about these, too.
for some reason, I haven't seen Serfas grips in any LBS around here in a long while.
used to ride with Connectors, and they were the best (ha, only) grip I used.

I've been using the Ergon grips for the past six months. I don't really like them very much. they're a little too thick, in my opinion, which makes for a less confident grip on jumps and stuff. I haven't really noticed any great improvement on preventing numbness, either, which is one of the reasons I bought them.

·
The Original Suspect
2,387 Posts
I have used both and they are not even in the same league. I switched from the Serfas when the lock ring bold broke under normal torquing. I have Ergon's on both my rides and love them.

·
Registered
8,672 Posts
I have used both and they are not even in the same league. I switched from the Serfas when the lock ring bold broke under normal torquing. I have Ergon's on both my rides and love them.
I have Ergons and like them fine. These Serfas are designed to put the force more toward the center of the hand rather than the outside, which seems like a good idea. I don't think your clamp bolt breaking is representative of the grip in general.

·
Registered
8,672 Posts
Also, to answer your other question: the horn is supposed to take pressure off of the outside of your hand. I didn't notice a difference.
Yeah I read that, but it doesn't make sense to me. When I use bar ends and the outside of my hand presses against it, it is uncomfortable, not more comfortable.

I read reviews where people said they like the extra hand position, but that fin looks to small to actually offer another position like a bar end.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.