Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I just receive my FSR 120 expert yesterday, didn't ride yet, just has tried to set it up(installing cleat on shoes, cage, computer, seting the suspension.). When I played a bit with the rear shock, I didn't see much different when playing with the red (rebound) knob.
Is anyone else notice that?
The compression(blue knob) lever seams to work, but I was expecting more differences in firmness from the different position.

I put 100psi in the rear, I weight 190.

The Talas look great though!!

thanks

edit: text in bold

·
Two wheels are best
1,135 Posts
The first thing I noticed is you stated you put 100psi in the rear shock and you weight 190. You do not have enough air in the shock. I recommend starting out with air pressure equal to your body weight and then adjust up or down depending upon your riding style and terrain.

When I adjust the rebound on my Septune, I can tell a difference in the rebound rate. It takes more than a couple of clicks to notice the difference but, if you set it to the lowest setting and compare the rebound rate to the highest setting, you should be able to notice the different rebound rate.

I'll assume you mean the blue lever when you mention the compression lever. The blue lever is for adjusting the ProPedal level not compression. When you are simply bouncing the bike sitting still (sitting on it or just pushing down on the rear of the bike), you will not be able to feel a difference in the amount of ProPedal damping.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, even with the shock with psi equal to my weight, the rebound knob doesn't seam to work, I dont see much difference from Min and Max setting. Will have my LBS check this for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.