Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to get a demo on both but there’s no local dealers with demos. I know both bikes slay the fast downhills but I’m worried about muting all the small fun trail features. I’m on a Knolly Endorphin now which is similar to the scout and it’s great all around but there’s some new steep fast, technical, trails with drops/jumps that I’m struggling to keep up with some of the locals on and feel like I’m maxing out the Knolly. The new stuff their building is getting bigger and better too!!! Good problem to have I guess

·
Registered
68 Posts
Are you comparing your current bike to the current scout? I ask because I have a 2018 Scout GX and it’s a pretty solid all around bike and definitely a more capable than bikes even just 2 or 3 years older (12 speed cassette , reservoir rear shock , beefy frame , SBG).

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you are over 5'8" or so I would go Sentinel. 29's are the ****, especially if you want to go faster in the chunk. I don't really see a disadvantage to 29s over 27.5, you can still throw big whips, roosts, manuals, but you get the advantage of being able to mob through anything in the way.

Plus, I think 140 mm rear 160 mm front is the perfect amount of travel for an all around bike that can handle everything. With Transitions progressive four bar suspension design it is everything you will ever need to slay big lines, but it is poppy enough and playful enough to not feel like you are riding a sofa when things aren't extreme enough.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have never ridden either of the bikes in question — I have a Gen1 Scout and an Evil Offering which are in the neighborhood — but I still think 27.5 is more fun.

Rode my scout for the first time in months and while it doesn't have the speed or ability to roll over chunk, it is easy to move around and the scout feels like a BMX bike. My fastest times on flow trails are on my 27.5. For climbing, 29er wins.

Don't get me wrong, love the Offering, just depends where and what you're riding.

Considering swapping the scout out for a new patrol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.