Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Appalachian Singletrack'n
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot seem to remove the lower shock bolt from my sentinel. It will turn fairly easily with a wrench so I don't think its bent but hard as i try i cant get it out. I've attempted hammering a 1/2 inserted bolt on the other side and putting a punch into the bolt and hammering a bit. I'm apprehensive about hammering too hard on my carbon frame. Any hints or suggestions?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Did you happen to loctite it before you put it in last?

I ran into this once with my previous bike that used the same mounting mechanism, loctite pinched out and got stuck in the bushings enough to where I couldn't pull it out. I ended up having to rotate it fairly quickly and soak it in some rubbing alcohol repeatedly before it finally came out, but it pretty much wrecked the bushing and it took a lot of effort.

You may also try wiggling the shock some as you push on it or tap it with the mallet. If it's out of alignment, that may help it come unstuck.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Not sure if this will help in your situation, but I use a 1/4" socket driver to push while turning the bolt. Also helps with alignment during installation.

There might be a range of driver shaft sizes but the two I have seem to be dead nuts the OD of the bolt

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.