Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, you Inbreds, Gimps, Pompinos, 456s, Scandals and all other OnOne-ians, let's get a semi-official thread dedicated to OnOne started here! I'm the proud owner of a 29'er singlespeed Inbred, and I'm in the process of building a 26'er singlespeed Inbred. Does that make me twice the Inbred? (Funny, but I don't think my parents are related, but my family "tree" looks like a straight line....)

Here's a shot of my 29'er Inbred, and a gratuitous SS race shot. Shot of the blingy 26'er to come when it is due for completion next week!

Post photos of your OnOnes here!

Attachments

·
Registered
721 Posts
Nice. I'm sort of planning/dreaming/hoping etc. of gettin' my hands on an Inbred one of these days. I was thinking about the 456, but I dunno....I'm more of a classic XC sorta guy I guess.

Just curious - why going back to the 26er?

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
notrelatedtoted said:
Just curious - why going back to the 26er?
Not really "going back to" a 26'er since I'm keeping the 29'er. I have a 26'er hardtail with some nice parts on it that would make a very nice singlespeed Inbred!

·
conjoinicorned
3,525 Posts
sweet ride, i'm hoping to get into one this winter (the 29'er version), they are very hard to come by in canada.

here's hoping brant reads this thread, and explains to me when on-one is gonna make a high sweep bar (mary!?) that's burly enough for DH...

·
29er Geek
1,529 Posts

Sitting in front of my 1x9 Instigator trail beasty (run Egg Beaters unless at the pump track).

Planning to build this up as my winter bike...3.0 nokian gazzalodi's, Single Speed, the fork off the surly. Would like to find a nice rigid fork and use it for my park bike as well. We'll see.

RJ

·
29er Geek
1,529 Posts
Actuslly just scored the fork that was on the bike before I bought it....Stoked I could get a rigid for for it.

Here's the plan (essentially the same as what my friend had it as minus some details...(and adding some like Avid Full Metal Jackets...)

·
Designated Bleeder
320 Posts

I'm thinking about trading my Surly Instigator for a 456 frame. There seems to be about a 2 pound difference. The Instigator is a horse to ride as a singlespeed (my current setup).

I know it seems odd considering On-one has so many singlespeed frames but I have been thinking about building up a 456 as a singlespeed with a converter. Has anyone done this? How does it ride?

SpK

·
Registered
34 Posts
What a ride

Indeed, adding the 456 Inbred geared frame as my SS (ooops) to my bike collection was a best thing to do. Also own Chameleon and Heckler for AM and Freeride.

Attachments

·
anyone else smell that?
2,314 Posts
awesome looking bike! kinda wish they had the 456 in something besides blue. of course with my luck, the next generation 456 will be in pink or something.

·
anyone else smell that?
2,314 Posts
oh...it's not bad. just kinda seems like the 'color of the moment'. kinda like pink seems to be for crossbikes or city bikes...what-have-you. your bike looks awesome and i'm sure it rides great.

the blue won't keep me from buying one. but i guess i'm just happy with plain 'ol silver or grey myself.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Oh well, I guess when you own few bikes, your taste for the color changes so you choose such color might not choose if it was your only bike.

·
anyone else smell that?
2,314 Posts
i see on on-one's site that they are getting some more geared inbreds in around early december. can't wait until they hit the u.s.......

1 - 20 of 52 Posts