Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Semi Slicks or slicks?

619 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JonnyFLA 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a set of slicks for riding to trail spots. Lately, I usually ride 30ish blocks to a friends house to go riding with him. I can ride those 30ish blocks in 15 minutes according to my computer, on 1.95 front and 2.1 rear.

Or should I look into a good pair of semi-slicks?

#2 ·
zadey1234 said:
I'm thinking of getting a set of slicks for riding to trail spots. Lately, I usually ride 30ish blocks to a friends house to go riding with him. I can ride those 30ish blocks in 15 minutes according to my computer, on 1.95 front and 2.1 rear.

Or should I look into a good pair of semi-slicks?
Would you swap tires once you get to the trails? Slicks can be fun on dirt is you are skilled, do not push too hard and/or want something to slow you down to stay with a less skilled riding partner.

Or is your performance on the ride there and back more important than the performance on the trail?

Personally I would use the tires that work best on the trail and just deal with whatever they can do on pavement. That is usually not a slick or semi-slick.

#3 ·
Unless your trail rides are in mud or sand ,i'd go semi slick .
I ride Arrowracing Blitz semi slick 2.35s Sides have loads of bite and they roll really fast.
If your unsure just get a rear , so your front will still have some bite .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.