Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like lots of people have gone intercontinental for more than just vacationing.

I will be moving light, with my clothing, bike, and some other stuff on the plane, but I need to move over my tools and my books. The tools out in Europe are fairly expensive and I have a nice collection at this point. The books are irreplaceable. While I'm at it, I'd like to send over some other stuff.

What is the cheapest way to go about this?

·
Shop *****
943 Posts
Postal service. Set up an APO/FPO box with the embassy in the area, and they SHOULD give you free shipping, if you talk to them. If you are moving overseas to work for the Gov'ment, you should get free shipping..
If not, just talk to the embassy, and setup a temporary APO/FPO box, it should be just as expensive as shipping to any US Address.

·
Shop *****
943 Posts
Jerk_Chicken said:
I'll try that out. I have a consulate here for my home country and I'll see what they say about shipping to the consulate in the destination.

Have you tried this method yet?
I was born in Germany, I'm a US Citizen. I've lived in 5 countries, and visited countless others... The last place I was: Jakarta Indonesia, I was there during 9/11... I've been around the world a few times. Consulates work the same as embassies, if its a US embassy/consolate, you should be able to get an APO/FPO box.. And if you can, keep it. You can get shipping from the US (Amazon.com, Performance Bike, etc..)
Hope it works for the best!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.