Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I just bought my first Salsa Selma and am loving it! :thumbsup:

I'm riding with a borrowed rigid fork right now and am looking to buy an 80mm suspension fork to replace it. The rigid is OK for now, but i really like having a bit of suspension up front.

What would you recommend?

I'm looking to buy used, and i see a ton of those Gary Fisher geometry forks on eBay etc. Are those any good on a Selma? I see that the offset is greater on those ones.

Should i avoid anything in particular? Like forks that are older than 2009 for example? I've read the article's on http://twentynineinches.com about offsets changing over the last few years.

Sorry i'm not very up to speed on all this technical stuff, i've built up a really nice, light bike, and would really appreciate a bit of advice on what to look for in terms of a used fork for my Selma.

I'm looking to spend anywhere from $300 to $500 on a used fork, 80mm travel, and since i've gone all weight conscious on this bike i'm definitely watching the grams. :)

Thanks!
James

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have an '05 29er Reba on a Mamasita and a '09 29er Fox on the Selma. Or is it the other way round. Can't remember. Anyway - they're the same geometry so it doesn't matter. They both feel the same (apart from the Fox works better!).

GB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.