Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a Selma will handle the abuse from a 225lb clyde riding in the New England rocks? I am thinking about buying used so I won't have a warentee with it.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Depends on how graceful you are. I'm 200lbs riding an 18.5lb Selma and so far everything has held up fine. Midwest singletrack that's probably similar style to New England, only probably a bit tamer for the technical stuff.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
I am close to the same weight as the OP. I have a year and a half on a pair of Mamasita frames. The first one developed a crack at the transition between the CF and scandium after 6 months of use. Almost a year on the replacement and no issues at this point.
Salsa was amazing with their warranty service, including express shipping because I had a race in just a few days.:thumbsup:
I use the bike mostly for XC racing and try to avoid jumping it. An occasional floater on the trail here and there, but no launch pads, no drop offs.

·
Registered
158 Posts
sure

I had the first generation Mamasita and it showed the same crack in between the carbon and alu. It's in the clear coat. I had it happen on my medium and the large ( I had both). Rode them both HARD for 1 year each. I was between 200 and 225 pounds. Seems to be my ideal weight range. Also, I have been mashing around on my Selma for almost a year but no crack in the clear coat yet. I believe they might have used a softer clear coat near that area. It's a strong frame so you should be fine.

Captain

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.