Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried to sell bikes on Craig's list and Pinkbike, but ended up selling by word of mouth through friends every time. I have a new Ripmo XTR that I need to unload. Any advice on how to sell? I am not as worried about getting every dime, but I don't want to lose my shirt. I value a quick, clean transaction more than a couple hundred bucks.

Any advice? And please don't tell me to keep the Ripmo, it is awesome, but it must go :)

·
Wanna ride bikes?
9,812 Posts
Ebay gets a lot of eyes on it and usually ends in a quick sale, but you give up 10% in fees. It does provide both seller and buyer with some protections.

Pinkbike or Craigslist is also a good option with no fees.

I'd list it on all 3 and see what offers you get.

·
Hisforever
1,867 Posts
funny to post a where to sell ripmo in the 27.5 forum.

pinkbike is the best lately, mtbr ads seems dated and harder to search, ebay but fees blow. ridemonkey classifieds maybe also?

I'd be interested but depends on the size, and xtr's probably out of my $$ reach.

but try pm me some details, maybe all you need is this post

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I have had the best (only) luck with the local clubs----even the road bike clubs have lots of mountain folks in them------this has worked 3X for me and you avoid the clist odd balls and scams----if you do not have contacts your lbs will have them---
As an aside I join just to get discounts on bikes/parts-

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

funny to post a where to sell ripmo in the 27.5 forum.

pinkbike is the best lately, mtbr ads seems dated and harder to search, ebay but fees blow. ridemonkey classifieds maybe also?

I'd be interested but depends on the size, and xtr's probably out of my $$ reach.

but try pm me some details, maybe all you need is this post
Thanks, will try the 29 forum as well. Never understood forum separation by wheel size. How about by XC, Trail/Enduro, DH. Seems like a more logical separation for posts. But I am sure I am not the first to notice.
Best...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.