Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling my nine month old 5spot along with a CK headset, king discotech hubs laced to bonty maverick up front and Mavic 317 in the rear, Raceface Ti bb, 180 mmTurbines, Fox RLC 125, Easton Carbon DH bar, Thompson stem.

Semi-complete build. All parts used but in great shape. Frame in great shape with cosmetic features from having been ridden (aka some scratches).

I have no idea what this package is worth.

Reasoned feedback appreciated.

·
Over the Hill
1,769 Posts
Pete said:
Selling my nine month old 5spot along with a CK headset, king discotech hubs laced to bonty maverick up front and Mavic 317 in the rear, Raceface Ti bb, 180 mmTurbines, Fox RLC 125, Easton Carbon DH bar, Thompson stem.

Semi-complete build. All parts used but in great shape. Frame in great shape with cosmetic features from having been ridden (aka some scratches).

I would think it would be about $4,600 to build new. Another $500 for the spare fork.

What are you buying to replace it? I don't think it is because you are not happy with the spots performance.

·
mad aussie
1,129 Posts
I think I would price it at a little under 3K or so to begin with. I dont know if you have done a search of the classifieds to see what 'spots are being sold for. All the ones I have seen recently have been frame sets.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Nine month old 5spot- $1,100-1,200
CK headset $80
king discotech hubs laced to bonty maverick up front and Mavic 317 in the rear $350
Raceface Ti bb $60
180 mmTurbines $120
Fox RLC 125 $350
Easton Carbon DH bar $40
Thompson stem $50

A grand total of $2250 if you part it out. Less if sold as a package. Gotta make a payment on the 911?

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
since this was one of your main bike, I assume you are going to replace her with something else? care to share with us?

unfortunately I can't help with pricing...I'm horrible at setting prices when it comes to selling 2nd hand stuff :(

·
Registered
92 Posts
So what are you going back to Ellsworth? Gonna throw that Maverick fork on a Moment ;D
I think you might be better off selling the frame and components separately. I've sold two XCE frames (one 2yrs ago, one last yr) and got $1400 (XL size) for one and $950 (L size) for the other.

Pete said:

·
Trail Rider
914 Posts
tscheezy said:
Nine month old 5spot- $1,100-1,200
CK headset $80
king discotech hubs laced to bonty maverick up front and Mavic 317 in the rear $350
Raceface Ti bb $60
180 mmTurbines $120
Fox RLC 125 $350
Easton Carbon DH bar $40
Thompson stem $50

A grand total of $2250 if you part it out. Less if sold as a package. Gotta make a payment on the 911?
Selling a used frame without a warranty and 9 month old parts will certainly be a loss. I wouldn't pay $2000 for the bike even if I REALLY wanted a 5 Spot. When the 5 Spot is discontinued, and sold at blowout prices, it will be sold at the price you suggest(with warranty).
Retail prices are certainly inflated and used goods are probably at least 1/2 the price as soon as the bike hits the dirt.

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
Turner's 6 incher

Pete's got the inside skinny on the "6-pack," remember. I imagine he's setting up for a new and improved Turner. ;).

·
Banned
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all of the info. It was helpful.

No, I don't need to make a car payment.

No, I'm not buying a frame from that lying sack of sh|t Tony Ellsworth.

I got another 5 inch, four bar bike on Friday (black ano and allegedly lighter than my 5spot) and I'm just liquidating duplicate equipment.

·
Registered
436 Posts
After weeding out all the frames I can think of that are not 4 bars, and I guess that you still perfer HL's over the Kona or Ventana links, then tring to figure what comes black ano and still has 5", the frames I can think of is the Sep. Enduro and a Titus. I doupt you would sell the 5 Spot for a Enduro so that leaves a new Titus, right?

·
Go Bears!
141 Posts
Quattro said:
Selling a used frame without a warranty and 9 month old parts will certainly be a loss. I wouldn't pay $2000 for the bike even if I REALLY wanted a 5 Spot. When the 5 Spot is discontinued, and sold at blowout prices, it will be sold at the price you suggest(with warranty).
I believe Turner has stated on this board that they will honor the 2-year warranty even if the frame is bought used.

·
mad aussie
1,129 Posts
Perhaps the Titus supermoto? That is a really nice and versatile frame. I like the fact that it can go long travel forks or even dual crown for hucking and take air or coil shocks with different linkages. If it had an uninterrupted seat tube I probably would have bought one.

·
Banned
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Putting an end to the confusion.

I replaced my 5spot with a 5spot.

Powder to ano, selling the PC frame before it depreciates too much.

I'm a lazy bastard and the ano is more durable, especially for someone who doesn't really think about where they let their bike fall. While riding or at other times.

Plus, I got taken care of by the fine folks at Over The Edge Bikes in Fruita, Colorado. Everyone needs to buy a bike from them before they die. And ride the local trails too.

Here's a snapshot of the new frame passed out in the garage after the first ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Pete said:
Putting an end to the confusion.

I replaced my 5spot with a 5spot.

Powder to ano, selling the PC frame before it depreciates too much..
.................that was going to be my guess.....you're such a sneaky fellow!!!

PS....the Ti coil...is it the RCS made for the swinger? Just curious...:p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.